RadioBanter

-   -   Wire antenna question (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/63491-wire-antenna-question.html)

Stranger_On_The_Bus February 5th 05 06:35 AM

Yes..you can bend it around the corner, make it go straight into another
room - it's hard to do it wrong. You just have to experiment with
different configurations, layouts and lengths. I have a loop of about 30
feet of wire running along the baseboard of my office. Not as effective
as the outdoor antennas, but fine for hearing the more powerful stations.

Conan Ford February 5th 05 06:50 AM

matt weber wrote in
:

DSL interferes with shortwave? Good to know. Now I won't get DSL,
but will stick with a cable modem, with its shielded cable.

I thought that the twisted pairs of phone lines would prevent most
signal leakage.

It does, the problem is that when you can easily detect microvolts, it
isn't hard for a twisted pair that is carring volts to radiate enough
energy to be detecatable at the microvolt level.

How about 100 baseT ethernet over CAT-5e twisted pair cable? Anyone know
what frequency ranges the signals on these lines operate at?