RadioBanter

-   -   Successor to KWZ30??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/63939-successor-kwz30.html)

[email protected] February 7th 05 06:21 PM

Successor to KWZ30???

Has anyone heard anything at all about the successor to the Kneisner
and Doering KWZ30? I wrote to them about eight months ago and they
suggested that the successor might be ready sometime in 2005, but since
then I've not heard a peep about it. At the time I wrote to them, they
said it would probably already have appeared were it not for more
urgent things that kept demanding their attention.

The good news, I guess, is that they do appear to mean business about a
successor. My sense is that they're in it for the passion, not the
bucks.

Steve

dxAce February 7th 05 06:24 PM

wrote:

Has anyone heard anything at all about the successor to the Kneisner
and Doering KWZ30? I wrote to them about eight months ago and they
suggested that the successor might be ready sometime in 2005, but since
then I've not heard a peep about it. At the time I wrote to them, they
said it would probably already have appeared were it not for more
urgent things that kept demanding their attention.

The good news, I guess, is that they do appear to mean business about a
successor. My sense is that they're in it for the passion, not the
bucks.

They've been 'meaning business' for a number of years. I was interested in a
KWZ30 at one time, but then when I checked out the specs I dropped the idea.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Mark S. Holden February 7th 05 08:44 PM

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

Has anyone heard anything at all about the successor to the Kneisner
and Doering KWZ30? I wrote to them about eight months ago and they
suggested that the successor might be ready sometime in 2005, but since
then I've not heard a peep about it. At the time I wrote to them, they
said it would probably already have appeared were it not for more
urgent things that kept demanding their attention.

The good news, I guess, is that they do appear to mean business about a
successor. My sense is that they're in it for the passion, not the
bucks.

They've been 'meaning business' for a number of years. I was interested in a
KWZ30 at one time, but then when I checked out the specs I dropped the idea.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I don't know if it's applicable here, but some high end companies are VERY
conservative with specs.

Folks who have the KWZ30 seem to rave about it's performance.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the new model they've been talking about though -
the first time I heard of it, it was supposed to be out in 2001.

Their real business is making stuff for cars. The radio is apparently something
they'd like to do when they have time.

[email protected] February 7th 05 10:02 PM

Successor to KWZ30? That is a Radio? How about some more information
about it? Where is it made or supposely going to be made and price
range?
cuhulin

dxAce February 7th 05 10:14 PM

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well, these were not 'company' specs, and that combined with the price = no go.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Brian Hill February 7th 05 10:29 PM

"dxAce" wrote in message

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I remember them being rather spendy too and reviews kind of iffy. I think
the Germans were trying to pull a fast one again :)

B.H.

[email protected] February 7th 05 11:03 PM

wrote:
Successor to KWZ30? That is a Radio? How about some more information
about it? Where is it made or supposely going to be made and price
range?
cuhulin

Here's some info on the KWZ30 for you:

http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/kwz30.html

A successor to this radio is supposed to appear...one day.

Steve

dxAce February 7th 05 11:23 PM

Successor to KWZ30? That is a Radio? How about some more information
about it? Where is it made or supposely going to be made and price
range?
cuhulin

Here's some info on the KWZ30 for you:

http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/kwz30.html

A successor to this radio is supposed to appear...one day.

And their homepage:

http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html

Not much more info there either.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Tom Sevart February 8th 05 01:37 AM

Is that correct? About $1925 for one?

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

dxAce February 8th 05 01:43 AM

Tom Sevart wrote:

Is that correct? About $1925 for one?

Yes. I remember some being on eBay, can't recall the price they fetched, but it
was high. They seem to be a rarity.

dxAce
Michigan
USA