Old February 6th 05, 03:21 AM
tianli

Is this the antenna I want for my 7600GR?

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3676.html

The Sony AN-LP1 works much better than the wind-up antenna
that comes with the 7600GR. For limited space and portability
the AN-LP1 is perfect for the 7600GR. Just keep in mind that
it is designed for frequencies above 3.5MHz. It does little to nil
for any frequencies below 3.5 MHz. In which case the wind-up
antenna will be better suited from 1.7 - 3.5 MHz if that band is of
interest to you.

Go for it!

Old February 7th 05, 05:34 PM
tianli

"JShorr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm not sure I'm ready to experiment, and I like how this antenna
looks. The problem is, I can't find it for sale... anywhere online...
Is it discontinued?

It is not discontinued. You will be hard pressed to find an on-line order
form
for most Sony products because Sony does not authorize the advertisement of
on-line prices. So you must make a call to a Sony dealer to order in most
cases.

Old February 8th 05, 02:34 AM
JShorr

Default is this the antenna I want for my 7600GR

I just bought my first SW radio and I've been having fun. I've been
reading that it would really serve me well to purchase an external
antenna, though i don't want a big, permanently mounted one.

Is this the antenna I want for my 7600GR?

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3676.html

Jeremy

Old February 8th 05, 03:30 AM
RHF

J Shorr,
Old February 8th 05, 03:30 AM
JShorr

Is there a decent portable antenna that will cover the full (or a
larger percentage) of the spectrum?

Also, anyone know of a place that has the AN-LP1 for sale online?

Old February 8th 05, 03:37 AM
RHF

Source For : Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Shortwave Loop Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/7600GR/message/737

Old February 9th 05, 03:58 AM
JShorr

Old February 9th 05, 09:06 AM
Tom Sevart

I've got to throw in my 2 cents here...

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc/portablewire.html

This is an idea I came up with (though I don't claim to have invented it)
which works very well.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS