RadioBanter

-   -   Good "complete beginner" tutorials? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/63997-good-%22complete-beginner%22-tutorials.html)

JShorr February 8th 05 03:41 AM

Good "complete beginner" tutorials?

Anyone know of any "complete beginner" tutorials? I have the 7600gr,
so I'm also looking for an SSB tutorial (everyone says I need to "learn
how to work with SSB".

js

RHF February 8th 05 06:35 AM

J Shorr,

Caveat Lector February 8th 05 11:00 PM

Set the radio for SSB reception .

Try LSB for frequencies below 10 MHz or USB for frequencies above 10 MHz .

Tune in the SSB station

Set the radio tuning steps for best resolution i.e., slow tuning

Slowly adjust the main tuning dial for a natural sound or at least best
intelligibility

--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)
Help The New Hams

oups.com...

Tom Sevart February 8th 05 11:11 PM

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message

Try LSB for frequencies below 10 MHz or USB for frequencies above 10 MHz

This only works for amateur radio stations. Almost all utility stations
that use SSB use USB. And the few 60 meter amateur channels on 5MHZ are USB
only.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS