Old February 8th 05, 03:41 AM
JShorr

Default Good "complete beginner" tutorials?

Anyone know of any "complete beginner" tutorials? I have the 7600gr,
so I'm also looking for an SSB tutorial (everyone says I need to "learn
how to work with SSB".

js

Old February 8th 05, 06:35 AM
RHF

J Shorr,
Old February 8th 05, 11:00 PM
Caveat Lector

Set the radio for SSB reception .

Try LSB for frequencies below 10 MHz or USB for frequencies above 10 MHz .

Tune in the SSB station

Set the radio tuning steps for best resolution i.e., slow tuning

Slowly adjust the main tuning dial for a natural sound or at least best
intelligibility

--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)
Help The New Hams

oups.com...

Old February 8th 05, 11:11 PM
Tom Sevart

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
newswbOd.29770$xt.20331@fed1read07...

Try LSB for frequencies below 10 MHz or USB for frequencies above 10 MHz

This only works for amateur radio stations. Almost all utility stations
that use SSB use USB. And the few 60 meter amateur channels on 5MHZ are USB
only.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] Policy 3 January 27th 05 09:46 PM
Canadian No Code Proposal Open For Comment Avery Hightower Policy 158 October 5th 04 01:43 AM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
APS 13 DX Antenna with a good 70s tuner DJboutit2 Antenna 0 January 8th 04 07:45 AM