RadioBanter

-   -   Pirate 6973 0230 utc?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/64060-re-pirate-6973-0230-utc.html)

running dogg February 10th 05 09:43 PM

dxAce wrote:

Tom Sevart wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

That's KOL Israel.

No, it's not.

Oh you're right... I don't remember the name of it, but it's something like
Israeli Defense Forces radio... kind of like our own AFRTS.

Yes, it is known as Galei Zahal.

It's run by the IDF for soldiers stationed in the occupied territories,
as Tom noted. They play a lot of techno music, since many of the
soldiers are young Russian Jews, which often gets them confused with the
American pirates who hang around that area on the dial. Kol Israel is
the foreign service of the Israel Broadcasting Authority, which is a
civilian broadcaster and which has nothing to do with Galei Zahal.