Old February 9th 05, 09:08 PM

Default ???????question of the day??????????

before people say anything, I meant put hardware like washers, screws
and small knobs in the pill containers, not the board or case itself !!

Old February 9th 05, 09:40 PM
Tom Sevart

wrote in message
oups.com...

How do people lose a knob on their radio ????????

many times on ebay you will see someone selling a radio with an
original knob missing. if the radio is a desktop unit, how did the knob
get lost ??????????

Somewhere under the ocean in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle are the
missing knobs from rigs from around the world.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

Old February 9th 05, 10:38 PM
Caveat Lector

Oh I forgot one --- While disassembled for repair --- put all the parts
(including the tuning knob) into muffin tins - (I did good)!

Wife wanted to make muffins - so scooped it all up -- tossed em in the
garage and yep you guessed it -- the tuning knob and several other parts --
just vanished to the Bermuda triangle as some one noted. (She did bad)

Sidenote -- I once built a Heathkit color TV set with a zillion parts --
took 25 muffin tins -- hi hi
Bought two more tins for the wife in case she wanted to make muffins during
the two months it took to build the Heathkit.
Great set BTW.

Case closed

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
Answer to the missing knob
1. It cracked - tossed it out
2. While disassembled for repair the dog ate it (happened to me)
3. While disassembled for repair the kids stole it - disappeared forever
(happened to me)
4. No one ever disassembled a radio for repair -- and could find all the
parts (happened to me)
5. The wife got tired of that mess on the kitchen table -- scooped it all
up -- knob fell into heating vent. (happened to me)
6. Bought a used rig -- some idiot replaced the original with his favorite
spinner
7. Disassembled radio in garage -- delayed project -- came back a year
later and the knob walked away, never to be seen again
8. Oppps - hit it with the soldering iron
9. The set screw(s) got stripped -- need a new one
10. The shiny insert fell off - disappeared -- need a new one.
11. Bought a garage sale boatanchor -- knob missing -- need a new one

Guess Folks are just plain careless

--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)
Help The New Hams

wrote in message
oups.com...
this is a serious question that I have wondered about for a while and
don't have a good answer.

Old February 9th 05, 11:07 PM
Evan Platt

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:40:58 -0600, "Tom Sevart"
wrote:

Somewhere under the ocean in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle are the
missing knobs from rigs from around the world.

And thousands and thousands of socks. But not a single pair - just
single socks.
Old February 10th 05, 12:59 PM
dxAce

Sidenote -- I once built a Heathkit color TV set with a zillion parts --
took 25 muffin tins -- hi hi

Good grief... I heard about those old Heathkit TV kits... I don't think I'd
have the patience for that. Didn't Heathkit once make a kit to build an
entire airplane, too?

Yes, in 1926 Ed Heath offered the first Heath Kit, and it was indeed an
airplane.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 10th 05, 03:16 PM
Caveat Lector

If I recall correctly it was a Heath Parasol
See URL:
http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/aircraft...%20Parasol.htm

--

"Buzzygirl" wrote in message

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message

Sidenote -- I once built a Heathkit color TV set with a zillion parts --
took 25 muffin tins -- hi hi

Good grief... I heard about those old Heathkit TV kits... I don't think
I'd
have the patience for that. Didn't Heathkit once make a kit to build an
entire airplane, too?

Jackie

Old February 10th 05, 03:23 PM
Caveat Lector

More on the Heath Parasol and Heath kit history

http://www.heathkit-museum.com/history.shtml

Old February 10th 05, 05:29 PM
starman

Buzzygirl wrote:

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message

Sidenote -- I once built a Heathkit color TV set with a zillion parts --
took 25 muffin tins -- hi hi

Good grief... I heard about those old Heathkit TV kits... I don't think I'd
have the patience for that. Didn't Heathkit once make a kit to build an
entire airplane, too?

Jackie

The Heathkit color TV kits were actually very cool. They had features
you couldn't get in a production model such as a hinged chassis that
could be opened for easy access. They also had self diagnosis circuitry
that would help to troubleshoot a problem.