Old February 12th 05, 04:35 AM

Default Kenwood YG-455CN-1 crystal filter, AR7030 & too many daughters

I confirmed the impedance requirements of this filter is suitable for
the AR7030. Now looking at the filter and the AOR daughter board, I
realize that the Kenwood crystal filter is in itself on a
daughterboard. I can't put this filter/daughterboard combo on the AR
daughter board as the connectors on the Kenwood daughter board hang out
too far, blocking access to screws on the AR7030.

Now looking at the PCB pattern on the AR7030 filter board, it looks
like there is a standard layout for these filters. That is, the PCB
used on the Kenwood filter is similar to the pattern on the AR board.
The screws line up as well.

So this leads to my question. Does anyone perceive a problem of
removing the screws on the Kenwood PCB and then desoldering the Kenwood
PCB. I would then solder the filter to the AOR daughterboard.

A good thing I'm only into this $10. ;-)

Old February 12th 05, 05:58 AM
Pete KE9OA

You should be fine, as long as you are careful when you desolder the crystal
filter pins.

Pete

oups.com...