Old February 13th 05, 07:39 PM
Brian Sturges

Default Lot's of Australia 0600-0700UTC

I was spinning the dial after midnight here in Missouri and found the same
program on several freqs at once. It was sports talk with news at 0630UTC.
I'm just curious why they would broadcast on so many at once? Three in the
same band:

12080 Brandon 10KW
13630 Shepparton 100KW
15160 Shepparton 100KW
15240 Shepparton 100KW
15515 Shepparton 100KW
I can understand if they are aimed to different regions- but I was getting
them all at a similar signal quality; although 15160 and 15515 were
certainly best. The location and power info are from Passport. If the
Brandon wattage is correct, I'm surprised I heard that at all!
Can anybody shed some light on why they go the expense on so much
repetition? I'm sure not complaining- I really like to hear radio from Down
Under. I hate to think that this could all be history if BPL comes to my
town.
R75 w/ 80ft. wire & Palomar MLB.
Brian

Old February 13th 05, 08:08 PM
dxAce

Brian Sturges wrote:

[...]

Couple of different target areas there, and with the multiple freq's they have a
better chance of being heard.

Brandon does apparently run 10kw, unless they've upgraded.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Radio Australia Previews #744; 20-22 Oct '04 dxAce Shortwave 0 October 20th 04 07:45 PM
VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM
HCJB new schedule Mike Terry Shortwave 0 September 29th 04 06:59 PM
Good online SW guide? frank halaburak Shortwave 6 October 13th 03 07:55 AM
Socal listening Jamie Corridon Shortwave 6 July 22nd 03 05:10 AM