Old February 13th 05, 05:59 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
Good god what an unbearable whine. I listened to it for a few minutes
but it seemed it wasn't ever going to end and I had to turn it off.
What a totally clueless person. A big part of his complaints had to do
with the Condoleezza Rice being the new secretary of state and other
changes toward better agreement with France and Germany of middle
eastern relations. Imagine that, complaining about improving relations.
He even complained about Condoleezza's hair so I guess he thinks
himself a style critic now.

17,810 and 15,315 much weaker than usual out of the Neth antilles.
17,725 out of Neth antilles strong as usual.
17,875 out of Sackville as strong as usual.

Have you tried for 11655 out of Madagascar?

I'm also getting 9345 at 6 AM (14:00 UTC), from some east asian site.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old February 13th 05, 07:50 PM
Telamon

Default Robert Green Ranting on Radio Netherlands this morning

Thanks for posting this as now I know I'm not the only person that
feels this way. You were also more descriptive about the past and
present of Robert Green's monolog.

I used to like listening to him even though I rarely agreed with him
because he was humorous.

In article .com,
wrote:

I agree with you in that Robert Green used to be very funny with his
weekly round-up of what happened in Europe and Holland during the
previous week; it reminded me of Paul Harvey in this country (USA).
I actually made a point of listening to RNW every Saturday night just
to hear him.

It is unfortunate that now his weekly commentary is almost completely
political, and all negative against the Bush administration. I
wouldn't mind this anti-Bush approach if it were still in his old
style, with clever sarcastic humor just poking fun at the events of
the day.

What used to be a five minute segment of great radio is now nothing
more than propoganda, and even if I were to agree with this anti-Bush
approach, I couldn't enjoy it knowing that Mr. Green used to be so
entertaining.

I am going to email RNW and send them a copy of this post. Its not
that I expect them to pull the plug or even reign in Mr. Green, but
hopefully they will understand that his weekly commentary had been a
true gem in the world of radio, and that they should not just let it
disappear into the ether simply because of politics.

Telamon wrote:
In article , dxAce

wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Good god what an unbearable whine. I listened to it for a few
minutes but it seemed it wasn't ever going to end and I had to
turn it off. What a totally clueless person. A big part of his
complaints had to do with the Condoleezza Rice being the new
secretary of state and other changes toward better agreement
with France and Germany of middle eastern relations. Imagine
that, complaining about improving relations. He even complained
about Condoleezza's hair so I guess he thinks himself a style
critic now.

Maybe his full time job is at a hair salon?

What time is this guy usually on? I've not listened to RN for
some time (about the time Media Network w/Jonathon Marks went
off) so I've not heard him.

I didn't hear him last week so it was a rare opportunity to listen
to the entire broadcast and enjoy it.

Green's segment is just a few minute monolog but the rant when
longer than I could tolerate. He gets stuck in between the usually
excellent programs but I have not paid attention to exactly when.
Seems he is usually heard around the hour or the half. Sorry about
not being more specific as I never want to hear him these days. He
used to be funny and self depreciating but now he's more strident
and nasty and just plain negative. He has the ability to find the
bad anywhere he looks appearently. In todays rant he even made
reference to the holocaust in a depreciating way and that's when I
turned him off.

The week before last he was running down the new Air buss
pointing out the problems of moving ever larger groups through
airports. Since this was a rant on a product design instead of
religion or politicks he thinking process was a little more
exposed. He does not check his assumptions for one thing.

I think his commentary is basically uninformed and negative. It
used to be funny and in that way was entertaining. I make
allowances for material that is entertaining.

And here he is again at 20:53 UTC as I type this so I just turned
the radio off for the next few minutes.

-- Telamon Ventura, California

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 14th 05, 03:59 PM
bpnjensen

Well, not really. Holland is essentially another name for the
Netherlands. There
are two provinces that have Holland in their names though.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I would agree, basely on the fact that RN used to identify their
mailing adress as Holland.

I think, though, that the name "Holland" reflects a much older standard
that has, for practical purposes if not sentimental ones, been
superseded by the name "Netherlands."

Bruce Jensen

Old February 15th 05, 05:42 AM
Telamon

In article ,
(Mark Zenier) wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:
Good god what an unbearable whine. I listened to it for a few minutes
but it seemed it wasn't ever going to end and I had to turn it off.
What a totally clueless person. A big part of his complaints had to do
with the Condoleezza Rice being the new secretary of state and other
changes toward better agreement with France and Germany of middle
eastern relations. Imagine that, complaining about improving relations.
He even complained about Condoleezza's hair so I guess he thinks
himself a style critic now.

17,810 and 15,315 much weaker than usual out of the Neth antilles.
17,725 out of Neth antilles strong as usual.
17,875 out of Sackville as strong as usual.

Have you tried for 11655 out of Madagascar?

I'm also getting 9345 at 6 AM (14:00 UTC), from some east asian site.

I have listened to the 11,655 frequency in the past. Generally fairly
weak signal but listen-able. Since I'm going to be home a few more days
from work now that my flu has turned into an ear infection I'll have to
listen to it with my remaining good ear.

Radio Netherlands 11,655 18:00-21:00 UTC all days of the week from
Madagascar 250 kW to africa in english. Prior broadcasts on this
frequency are in Dutch.

From ILG it looks like:
Radio Netherlands 9,345 14:00-16:00 UTC all days of the week from
Uzbekistan to Asia in English.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old February 15th 05, 04:13 PM
bpnjensen

Telamon wrote:

Radio Netherlands 11,655 18:00-21:00 UTC all days of the week from

Madagascar 250 kW to africa in english. Prior broadcasts on this
frequency are in Dutch.

I have been fortunate to hear this frequency for years in English here
near San Francisco. Of the nearly antipodal transmissions, this one
clearly reaches west coast USA the best. During winter local middays,
it is almost as clear as their simultaneous Bonaire transmission (!).
No QRM either.

From ILG it looks like:

Radio Netherlands 9,345 14:00-16:00 UTC all days of the week from
Uzbekistan to Asia in English.

I have not been able to nab this one yet, at least clearly enough to
ID. Have heard weakly, I believe, using SSB.

Bruce Jensen

Old February 15th 05, 08:22 PM
Telamon

In article . com,
"bpnjensen" wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Radio Netherlands 11,655 18:00-21:00 UTC all days of the week from
Madagascar 250 kW to africa in english. Prior broadcasts on this
frequency are in Dutch.

I have been fortunate to hear this frequency for years in English
here near San Francisco. Of the nearly antipodal transmissions, this
one clearly reaches west coast USA the best. During winter local
middays, it is almost as clear as their simultaneous Bonaire
transmission (!). No QRM either.

Today they were pretty weak. The noise level made listening difficult
and I had to resort to using the headphones. There was a little
interference on the USB side but not much.

There transmission power was supposed to kick up at 20:00UTC but I
noticed no difference.

There signal was best early in the broadcast.

From ILG it looks like: Radio Netherlands 9,345 14:00-16:00 UTC all
days of the week from Uzbekistan to Asia in English.

I have not been able to nab this one yet, at least clearly enough to
ID. Have heard weakly, I believe, using SSB.

Got up to late this morning to try this one.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 15th 05, 08:46 PM

Ranting Robert.Hey,if any of y'all live in California,check out the
latest at Drudge Report.California consides taxing citizens,,,, by the
mile.
cuhulin

Old February 15th 05, 09:15 PM
bpnjensen

Feb 15, 12:46 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:46:27 -0600
original | Report Abuse

Ranting Robert.Hey,if any of y'all live in California,check out the
latest at Drudge Report.California consides taxing citizens,,,, by the
mile.
cuhulin

If it's approved without a referendum, you can thank both our
Democratic legislature and our Republican Governor for that one.

Besides, using a gas tax, we're already taxed by the mile. Greater
miles driven = more gas used = greater S&F taxes paid.

Bruce Jensen

Old February 15th 05, 09:24 PM
dxAce

bpnjensen wrote:

Feb 15, 12:46 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:46:27 -0600
original | Report Abuse

Ranting Robert.Hey,if any of y'all live in California,check out the
latest at Drudge Report.California consides taxing citizens,,,, by the
mile.
cuhulin

If it's approved without a referendum, you can thank both our
Democratic legislature and our Republican Governor for that one.

Besides, using a gas tax, we're already taxed by the mile. Greater
miles driven = more gas used = greater S&F taxes paid.

Rush touched on this earlier today. Part of it apparently has to do with more
effiecient vehicles, hybrids were mentioned.

Less gas used in the vehicle coupled with more miles driven per gallon = less
revenue received by the state for road repairs which continue to be worn out by
said vehicles.

There is no such thing as a free lunch... can't recall who said that.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews Policy 1 September 24th 04 07:12 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1400 ­ June 11, 2004 Radionews Dx 0 June 16th 04 08:34 PM