Old February 15th 05, 03:15 PM
Brian Hill

Default Never heard a spy numbers broadcast? Check this out

"Pops" wrote in message
ups.com...
Most of you have heard these, some of you haven't. This is for the
latter group.
For the past several days, Mossad E10 has been extremely active.

Yea I've loged it too over the last week or so here in Southern MN

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

Old February 15th 05, 11:04 PM
Jim Douglas

Anyone getting this today 2/15/2004 around 23:00UTC? If so where are you
located. BTW, I am in Dallas, TX area and think that this part of the
country sucks for reception!

Thanks!

"Pops" wrote in message
ups.com...
Most of you have heard these, some of you haven't. This is for the
latter group.
For the past several days, Mossad E10 has been extremely active. Turn
your receiver to 6930 USB. If you don't hear anything immediately,
don't be discouraged. Just leave the radio on and go about your
business for the day, if this is possible. It shouldn't be a very long
wait before you hear "Sierra, Yankee, November, Two, Zulu, Five, Eight"
or something similar, repeated over and over of course.
You may have better luck in the later part of the day, that is,
beginning at late to early afternoon.
Tonight, she's been going for several hours non-stop. I don't know this
for sure, but I have read that this means that it is an extremely
urgent message.
I wonder if this flurry of E10 activity ties in somehow with
yesterday's asassination of the former PM of Lebanon in Beirut.

Old February 16th 05, 01:52 AM
Greg

From: "Jim Douglas"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:04:05 -0600

"Pops" wrote in message
[...]

"Sierra, Yankee, November, Two" repeated maybe 20 - 30 times starting at
1:46 zulu.

Greg
W. Central Florida

Old February 16th 05, 03:02 AM
Pops

Just started again right at 2:45 zulu, same SYN2 as Greg's 1:46 zulu
logging. Strong signal, about a S8.
I'm not keeping a count, but it'll be interesting to see how long it
goes or if it changes to a different string.

Old February 16th 05, 04:51 AM
Greg

From: "Pops"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 15 Feb 2005 19:02:29 -0800

Just started again right at 2:45 zulu, same SYN2 as Greg's 1:46 zulu
logging. Strong signal, about a S8.
I'm not keeping a count, but it'll be interesting to see how long it
goes or if it changes to a different string.

....and she's back again at 4:46Z; same message, I didn't count the repeats.
She has a funny way of pronouncing "November".

Greg

Old February 16th 05, 08:40 AM
Tom Sevart

She has a funny way of pronouncing "November".

Yes, it's more like "Novembeer."

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

Old February 17th 05, 05:49 AM
Private

I can hear this in Canada too. After listening to this, it is no
doubt Mossad E10 from Isreal. Below is the actual recording:

6.930 MHZ @ 0530 UTC February 17 (poor quality):
http://www3.telus.net/~homac/Mossad E10 02-17-05.WAV

Previously recorded a long time ago:
http://www3.telus.net/~homac/MOSSAD E10.mp3

Old February 17th 05, 12:31 PM
HankG

"Dan" wrote in message
Going strong again tonight - 2/17 at 2:50 UTC.

I've never heard this night after night in 20 years of listening!
Something big must be about to happen.

Station now (12:30z) broadcasting in CW. String repeating. S-5 to 6 in
NJ--some fadng.

HankG

Old February 17th 05, 01:01 PM
dxAce

Dan wrote:

Going strong again tonight - 2/17 at 2:50 UTC.

I've never heard this night after night in 20 years of listening!
Something big must be about to happen.

They've been around for some time, night after night, and day after day.

dxAce
Michigan
USA