Old February 16th 05, 11:17 PM
Big RiKk

Default Panasonic RF4900

Panasonic RF4900

Hi, can anyone tell me what these radios are like please.
RiKk

Old February 17th 05, 12:02 AM

Big, impressive looking radios that have good sound and do reasonably
well on broadcast stations. They are drifty on ssb and as I remember
subject to image signals from strong stations. Here's a German site
with an extensive review. Just access it through google and have it
translated.
http://www.dr-boesch.ch/radio/panasonic.htm

Old February 17th 05, 12:13 AM
Michael

wrote in message
oups.com...

Big, impressive looking radios that have good sound and do reasonably
well on broadcast stations. They are drifty on ssb and as I remember
subject to image signals from strong stations. Here's a German site
with an extensive review. Just access it through google and have it
translated.
http://www.dr-boesch.ch/radio/panasonic.htm

They arent stable, sensitve or selective at all. You will get better
performance from just about any decent modern portable out there. Those
thing takes up space, but that is about it. I also remember reading that
the dials and knobs tend to wear out.

DX'ing gives it the rating that it deserves.

http://www.dxing.com/rx/rf4800.htm

Michael

Old February 17th 05, 04:32 AM
starman

Michael wrote:

They arent stable, sensitve or selective at all. You will get better
performance from just about any decent modern portable out there. Those
thing takes up space, but that is about it. I also remember reading that
the dials and knobs tend to wear out.

DX'ing gives it the rating that it deserves.

http://www.dxing.com/rx/rf4800.htm

Michael

It's worth about $150 in good condition. I had one and sold it for what
I payed for it. It was an interesting blast from the past. Sometimes the
fun factor is worth owning a radio, if only for a while.

Old February 17th 05, 08:29 AM
Big RiKk

Thanks for the feedback guys
regards
Rikk
#

"starman" wrote in message
Michael wrote:

They arent stable, sensitve or selective at all. You will get better
performance from just about any decent modern portable out there. Those
thing takes up space, but that is about it. I also remember reading that
the dials and knobs tend to wear out.

DX'ing gives it the rating that it deserves.

http://www.dxing.com/rx/rf4800.htm

Michael

It's worth about $150 in good condition. I had one and sold it for what
I payed for it. It was an interesting blast from the past. Sometimes the
fun factor is worth owning a radio, if only for a while.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----