Old February 17th 05, 11:12 PM
aussieseek.com

Default Google Hijack of Usenet

I Said This Advertising you display on Google Groups covers up the
editorial

REply from Google
--------------------------

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your note. We are aware of this overlap problem, and our
engineers are looking into it. We hope to have this fixed soon. We
appreciate your patience, and thank you for taking the time to write.

Regards,
The Google Team

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: keith Ashton
Subject: Sponsored Google Newslinks on Usenet
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:35:53 -0800 (PST)

This Advertising you display on Google Groups covers up the editorial
if the browser is set at a larger size
Do you realise this or care ?

Keith

K.Ashton Editor AussieSeek.com-Lookabout.net Search Engines(est-1994)
Radio Broadcast Consultants AM/FM/Shortwave PH: Sydney +61 02 97593774
FROM Aussiesek.com Internet Services ABN 92957836514 Australia
Cell 0438 470 244* Home of the Australian Political Messageboard
Not a sleepy Site! http://www.aussieseek.com.au and 20 Domains
_________

-

From: keith Ashton
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:35:53 -0800 (PST)
This Advertising you display on Google Groups covers up the editorial

if the browser is set at a larger size
Do you realise this or care ?
Keith
K.Ashton Editor AussieSeek.com-Lookabout.net Search Engines(est-1994)

Radio Broadcast Consultants AM/FM/Shortwave PH: Sydney +61 02

97593774
FROM Aussiesek.com Internet Services ABN 92957836514 Australia
Cell 0438 470 244* Home of the Australian Political Messageboard
Not a sleepy Site! http://www.aussieseek.com.au and 20 Domains
_________

Re Google Legal SPAM

It would help if other readers here would also contact Google.

At least they could remove the ads till thery Fix them

I can accept them hijacking Usenet to fix it
not to **** it

keith

Old February 17th 05, 11:22 PM

Google news groups aren't really too bad IMHO;

- Free

- Searchable

- Current

Old February 18th 05, 01:09 PM

It doesn't appear consistently, which is strange.

I do have to give Google credit for listening to the users of their
free news group service. When the Beta version was available to all
there were several bugs. I sent at least three emails and received a
cordial response that addressed the specific problem and assured that
they were working on the bugs. And those bugs are now gone.

I have found Google to be far more responsive to user problems than the
fee-based services like AOL or Compuserve ever were. And Google is
free.