Old February 18th 05, 04:07 PM

Default Odd signal meter phenomenon

I have a remote control that I sometimes use with my R8B. It's a great
accessory, so I use it a lot. However, I've noticed something strange.
If I turn the receiver off with the remote and then turn it on using
the front panel power button, the receiver powers up but the signal
meter just sits there and the needle doesn't move. No other aspect of
the receiver's functioning seems unusual--only the signal meter.
Likewise, if I power the receiver off using the front panel button and
then turn it on using the remote, the same thing happens.

On the other hand, if I use only the front panel button or remote to
turn the receiver off and then on, there's no problem. The signal meter
works as usual.

This makes zero sense to me. Any thoughts about what explains this
weird phenomenon?

Thanks,

Steve

Old February 18th 05, 10:33 PM
ShortwaveMan

I was making a guess. I do not have so nice a radio s.

God gives Peace not war +
wrote in message
ups.com...

ShortwaveMan wrote:
This may seem obvious so I hope no one will snort at me s, but the
mechanisms for starting the meter are diffierent. If you use the

remote the
programming responds differently to the action. It would appear that

there
is no connection between operations using the remote and a manual

action.
Evidently the operation is not complete if you switch between manual

and
remote modes, so the code does not run its usual course and therefor

does
not start up again because it was never finished.

Maybe there's nothing odd here...I don't have a lot of technical
expertise. It just seemed funny that the "connection between
operations" would be incomplete in so particular and well-defined a
way, where the ONLY thing affected is the signal meter. But hey...maybe
this happens all the time.

Steve

28.635KHz mystery signal. No Spam Boatanchors 5 January 21st 05 08:26 PM
SWR meter kaput? Thomas Antenna 5 August 13th 04 06:44 PM
stuff for all hams [email protected] General 0 December 19th 03 07:31 PM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM