RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood r5000? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/64880-kenwood-r5000.html)

BDK February 19th 05 03:40 PM

In article .com,
says...
Dear Chris,

Piece of advice based on many, many years of experience:

DON'T BUY USED! Repeat: DON'T BUY USED!

Why is the seller getting rid of the unit? NOT BECAUSE HE LIKES IT!

It is ALWAYS better to buy a relatively inexpensive NEW item rather
than some dude's cast-off finery!

I have no experience with the Ten-Tec RX-320D. However it does get a
very nice review in the new PASSPORT, which I recommend you buy if you
haven't already.

Best,

Joe

I've bought and sold many radios over the years, and there was only one
that I sold was due to problems, I traded it in on a new one.

Of all the SW receivers I have bought, only one had any problems, and it
turned out the seller was famous for this.

I have sold radio because:

I just wanted a better one.
I didn't like something about it.
I didn't like the audio.
I wanted to buy something else (needed the $$$
I had too many and wasn't using it much...

I would always recommend going with a decent used radio, like a NRD 525
over a POS portable like a lot of people do..

BDK

Brian Hill February 19th 05 07:07 PM

"Panzer240" wrote in message

Yep I'll be setting up a dumpster over there in the corner-----

Please put all your trashy used radios in it and I will arrange for
diposal of them.

fnarrrrrrrrH gufaaaahhhhh

--
Panzer

Hey! I was gonna set my dumpster there. LOL!

B.H.

VolkerTonn February 19th 05 10:12 PM

BDK schrieb:

I would always recommend going with a decent used radio, like a NRD 525
over a POS portable like a lot of people do..

.....good choice... ;-)

*No* portable can compete with a NRD-525.
I hardly use my Sony ICF-2001D (=2010) since I have my NRD-525.

Telamon February 19th 05 10:46 PM

In article , VolkerTonn
wrote:

BDK schrieb:

I would always recommend going with a decent used radio, like a NRD 525
over a POS portable like a lot of people do..

....good choice... ;-)

*No* portable can compete with a NRD-525.
I hardly use my Sony ICF-2001D (=2010) since I have my NRD-525.

Oh, I see you made a change in your handle. Time to update the kill file.

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California