Old February 19th 05, 02:33 AM
Conan Ford

Default Degen DE-1103 batteries too short / instability / lockup

Hello,

I know most of the regulars in this are very partial to large rigs, but
also a lot of people bought small cheap portables off of E-Bay. Anyways,
the Degen DE-1103 is know for having some stability problems. I've found
out that the batteries supplied with it (at least with mine) are about 0.7
mm too short each. Since they are used in pairs, this is 1.4 mm per
battery chamber. The springs look kind of weak, so I wouldn't be surprised
if poor contact because of the shorter length leads to instability, lock-
ups, etc. So, try longer batteries, it worked for me.
Old February 19th 05, 03:38 PM
patgkz

Never had a problem with mine.

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...
Hello,

I know most of the regulars in this are very partial to large rigs, but
also a lot of people bought small cheap portables off of E-Bay. Anyways,
the Degen DE-1103 is know for having some stability problems. I've found
out that the batteries supplied with it (at least with mine) are about 0.7
mm too short each. Since they are used in pairs, this is 1.4 mm per
battery chamber. The springs look kind of weak, so I wouldn't be
surprised
if poor contact because of the shorter length leads to instability, lock-
ups, etc. So, try longer batteries, it worked for me.

FS: Degen 1103 portable pickle Shortwave 4 December 24th 04 06:08 AM
FS: Degen 1103 portable pickle Swap 2 December 19th 04 03:10 PM
Just got the Degen 1103 pickle Shortwave 20 December 8th 04 01:13 PM
Degen 1103 EBAY website question David Shortwave 9 November 30th 04 02:00 PM
Which is best? Degen 1102 or 1103?? David Shortwave 6 August 31st 04 01:14 AM