RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna check.... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/65071-antenna-check.html)

Smokey February 21st 05 01:02 AM

Antenna check....

Listening to 3840 lsb right now .......

Its coming in at 9 S units from New Hampshire ...

60 foot wire antenna strung over branches

Very scratchy sounding...

Whats your read?

Smoke

Smokey February 21st 05 01:08 AM

by the way ...

its 8:05 eastern time as I listen to 3840 lsb ...bouncing between 5 and
9 under 10

Very scratchy tonight..

Jack Painter February 21st 05 01:13 AM

"Smokey" wrote in message
ups.com...

Listening to 3840 lsb right now .......

Its coming in at 9 S units from New Hampshire ...

60 foot wire antenna strung over branches

Very scratchy sounding...

Whats your read?

Smoke

There's a lot of interference here too, but most of that clan are S9+, even
attenuated.

Jack
Virginia Beach, VA

Smokey February 21st 05 01:14 AM

I'm listening on a Sat 800 in case you were wondering

Smokey February 21st 05 01:23 AM

Thanks Jack

What kind of radio and antenna do you have?

I'm down to about 6 below 10 here right now..

The signal keeps getting weaker but its still audible..

8:23 pm eastern time

Smokey February 21st 05 01:31 AM

I cant hear "India" at all...

Most of the guys said he was "muddy"

8:31 eastern time

Rob Mills February 21st 05 01:31 AM

"Smokey" wrote in message
ups.com...

I can barely hear them in NE Okla, they are just above the noise. Listening
on a DX 394 (my RX320 is sick) connected to an in-door slinky. RM~

Smokey February 21st 05 01:38 AM

I havent heard where there broadcasting from yet, Rob...

Most of the guys I hear are around NY or Conn...

I think they just announced that Sally Field has passed away..

8:37 eastern time

Smokey February 21st 05 01:47 AM

Chuck is having baked chicken and rice-a-roni for dinner......

8:46 pm eastern time

7 s-units

Smokey February 21st 05 01:57 AM

Doug just refered to his wife as his "Spousel Unit"

8:55 pm est..