Old February 21st 05, 01:02 AM
Smokey

Default Antenna check....

Listening to 3840 lsb right now .......

Its coming in at 9 S units from New Hampshire ...

60 foot wire antenna strung over branches

Very scratchy sounding...

Whats your read?

Smoke

Old February 21st 05, 01:08 AM
Smokey

by the way ...

its 8:05 eastern time as I listen to 3840 lsb ...bouncing between 5 and
9 under 10

Very scratchy tonight..

Old February 21st 05, 01:13 AM
Jack Painter

"Smokey" wrote in message
ups.com...

Listening to 3840 lsb right now .......

Its coming in at 9 S units from New Hampshire ...

60 foot wire antenna strung over branches

Very scratchy sounding...

Whats your read?

Smoke

There's a lot of interference here too, but most of that clan are S9+, even
attenuated.

Jack
Virginia Beach, VA

Old February 21st 05, 01:14 AM
Smokey

I'm listening on a Sat 800 in case you were wondering

Old February 21st 05, 01:23 AM
Smokey

Thanks Jack

What kind of radio and antenna do you have?

I'm down to about 6 below 10 here right now..

The signal keeps getting weaker but its still audible..

8:23 pm eastern time

Old February 21st 05, 01:31 AM
Smokey

I cant hear "India" at all...

Most of the guys said he was "muddy"

8:31 eastern time

Old February 21st 05, 01:31 AM
Rob Mills

"Smokey" wrote in message
ups.com...

I can barely hear them in NE Okla, they are just above the noise. Listening
on a DX 394 (my RX320 is sick) connected to an in-door slinky. RM~

Old February 21st 05, 01:38 AM
Smokey

I havent heard where there broadcasting from yet, Rob...

Most of the guys I hear are around NY or Conn...

I think they just announced that Sally Field has passed away..

8:37 eastern time

Old February 21st 05, 01:47 AM
Smokey

Chuck is having baked chicken and rice-a-roni for dinner......

8:46 pm eastern time

7 s-units

Old February 21st 05, 01:57 AM
Smokey

Doug just refered to his wife as his "Spousel Unit"

8:55 pm est..

The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Antenna 27 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM
Short STACKED Vertical {Tri-Band} BroomStick Antenna [Was: Wire ant question] RHF Shortwave 0 February 23rd 04 12:59 PM
Outdoor Antenna and lack of intermod Soliloquy Scanner 11 October 11th 03 01:36 AM
Outdoor Scanner antenna and eventually a reference to SW reception Soliloquy Shortwave 2 September 29th 03 04:04 PM