Old February 23rd 05, 06:55 AM
Tattoo Vampire

-=jd=- wrote:

:Pick-up Object

You can't do that here.

I always hated that game. Legend of the Red Dragon for me:

You have been attacked by Insane Dwarf!
[F]ight [R]un: F
You have slain Insane Dwarf for 100 points!

Or something like that... It's been a while.
--
[tv]

-- Bother! said Pooh,
as he finished the last line of cocaine.
Old February 23rd 05, 07:49 PM
Joel Rubin

On 21 Feb 2005 11:42:50 -0800, wrote:

Klaus Köhler - Thüringen wrote:
I am looking for DX-Software and DX-Hardware for my COMMODORE 128 (

also for
the C-64-mode ).

KK

- Doubt if it has sufficient CPU power to do much...
you might try writing some yourself & see....

DX hardware for a commie... ?? dunno

Gee - why not? It can run almost any CP/M software and any C'64
software as well as native software.

The main problem, I should think, is that it doesn't have the standard
ports that are used today so you might need homebrew hardware to
connect say the "user port" to something.

One of the best collections of C'64 (and C'128) software was lost when
AOL / Quantum Link pulled the plug on their Commodore service without
adequate notice.

You might look at, among other places

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/commodore/
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/commodore/cbm-supply-list/

+ Tigertronics (BayCom US Distributor)
+ 400 Daily Lane
+ P.O. Box 5210
+ Grants Pass, OR 97527-0210
+ Packet/HAM radio hardware and software for Commodore 64 and IBM.

+ PacComm Inc. (BayCom US Distributor)
+ 4413 N. Hesperides St.
+ Tampa. FL 33614-7618
+ Packet/HAM radio hardware and software for Commodore 64 and IBM.

+ DEVCOM
+ 34 County Rd AO-92
+ McIntosh, NM 87032

+ Mailing Address

+ HCR 69 Box 1607
+ Moriarty, NM 87035
+ (505) 235-5407
+ (Internet Contact)
+
http://www.concentric.net/~jdport/index.html (WWW URL)
+ Packet/HAM radio hardware and software for Commodore 64, VIC-20 and
IBM.
+ Also handles 2-way radios, general electronic items, and more.

et alia

Old February 24th 05, 02:10 AM

Aaaaahhhhh the Commodore 64
My first true ( computer ) love.

After bad times with the Trash-80,
then the Sinclair.....

The C-64 worked "first time, every time"

I learned Basic... brushed up on the sciences,
connected to my first Bulletin Board ( at 300bps )

Now, I sit at a DELL, and I'm just "a user"

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:16:45 GMT, (Mark Zenier) wrote:

In article ,
Klaus Köhler - Thüringen wrote:
I am looking for DX-Software and DX-Hardware for my COMMODORE 128 ( also for
the C-64-mode ).

Have you tried the comp.sys.cbm newsgroup?

Mark Zenier
Washington State resident

rj
Old February 24th 05, 02:28 AM
lsmyer

What do you mean C64? Back in 1980, I had a Commodore VIC-20. Talk about a
machine!!!

It came with 5Kb of RAM, but the operating system took up 1.5K, so I had to
program it with 3.5Kb.

Talk about the need to not waste a single byte! Yet, I was able to do many
things on that computer, even my first online activities at several bbs and
even CompuServe.

I wrote my own pacman game, and had so much fun on that thing. Of course, I
bought lots of game cartridges and stuff, but my most fun came from
successfully writing and running my very own programs.

I miss the old goto days.

Old February 24th 05, 02:55 PM

I was pleasantly surprised at what could be done with just basic
equipment. There was a whole lot of satisfaction from just making it
all work. Saving files on the CoCo took for ever...even after I
upgraded from a tape drive to a single sided floppy drive. As much as
I have good memories about the "simpler times" I have to admit that
upgrading to a PC running windows made it easier to swap back and forth
between frequency lists and messages.

Rob Mills wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

The CoCo worked great along with an AEA PK232MBX for several

RTTY modes and cw.

I had a DX302 hooked to a C128 and an AEA CP1, it worked pretty good,

would
print it out as fast as it read it.

Wish I had seen this post several weeks ago because I was at an

estate sale
about a week ago that had a bunch of Commodore gear. Wasn't

interested so
didn't pay much attention but do recall a stack of 1571 drives. Rob

Mills