Old February 22nd 05, 01:42 PM
David Stinson

Default "DING! DONG! The Loon is DEAD!"

The fires of Hell have been stoked to their highest
and Satan's minions are dancing with glee as
a major religious fraud of the century
and vile polluter of Shortwave Radio, Gene Scott,
goes to his infernal reward.
Can "Brother Stare" be far behind?

I know they'll be playing his drivel on
shortwave for some time yet, but without
the shepherd, the sheep will soon disperse.
I'll bet a couple of SW broadcasters are
sweating over their balance sheets today.
GoodBye, Gene Scott- swindler of the fearful
and weak- master huckster for Jesus.
And good riddance....

Dave S.
Old February 22nd 05, 02:14 PM
lsmyer

That's really too bad. I found Dr Scott to be an excellent entertainer.

For some reason, 6.090 is the strongest signal on SW most nights for me, and
his show usually catches my ear with his killer bumper music.

Dr Scott was a lot like Rush. A consummate radio professional, who charmed
you into loving him, no matter what his message happened to be.

I do hope his followers didn't actually send him all that money he kept
demanding. Hopefully they had enough sense to see through his insane pleas.

I will miss the Good Doctor.

Old February 22nd 05, 08:27 PM
Brian Oakley

"David Stinson" wrote in message
The fires of Hell have been stoked to their highest
and Satan's minions are dancing with glee as
a major religious fraud of the century
and vile polluter of Shortwave Radio, Gene Scott,
goes to his infernal reward.
Can "Brother Stare" be far behind?

I know they'll be playing his drivel on
shortwave for some time yet, but without
the shepherd, the sheep will soon disperse.
I'll bet a couple of SW broadcasters are
sweating over their balance sheets today.
GoodBye, Gene Scott- swindler of the fearful
and weak- master huckster for Jesus.
And good riddance....

Dave S.

I would hope folks show you more respect when you go than what you show
here.

Old February 23rd 05, 12:09 AM
running dogg

David Stinson wrote:

The fires of Hell have been stoked to their highest
and Satan's minions are dancing with glee as
a major religious fraud of the century
and vile polluter of Shortwave Radio, Gene Scott,
goes to his infernal reward.
Can "Brother Stare" be far behind?

I know they'll be playing his drivel on
shortwave for some time yet, but without
the shepherd, the sheep will soon disperse.
I'll bet a couple of SW broadcasters are
sweating over their balance sheets today.
GoodBye, Gene Scott- swindler of the fearful
and weak- master huckster for Jesus.
And good riddance....

Dave S.

I wonder what will happen to "Caribbean Beacon", Scott's station on
Anguilla (I think). That would be an awful waste of a good transmitter
if it just sits and rots.

Old February 23rd 05, 01:43 AM
Honus

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

I would hope folks show you more respect when you go than what you show
here.

That's a near certainty, since it's also a near certainty that the people in
this group are more honest.

Old February 23rd 05, 02:22 AM
Honus

"Honus" wrote in message

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

I would hope folks show you more respect when you go than what you

show
here.

That's a near certainty, since it's also a near certainty that the

people
in
this group are more honest.

Honest? I doubt it.

Of course you do. But since you're a fan of Gene Scott's, your judgement is
suspect.

Old February 23rd 05, 02:54 AM
Life of Brian

AMEN BROTHER ! Dr. Gene is DEAD hooray.

Let's Celebrate this with the KITTENS shall we?
http://www.rathergood.com/vines/
(the dead pool happy dance song)

Finally....did you folks know that ole GS
allegedly appeared in a music video...?!!

Here--- http://www.rathergood.com/first_drink/
(cameo apperance is 3/4 the way thru...watch closely...you can't miss em!)

Old February 23rd 05, 04:37 AM
Brian Oakley

"Honus" wrote in message

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

I would hope folks show you more respect when you go than what you

show
here.

That's a near certainty, since it's also a near certainty that the

people
in
this group are more honest.

Honest? I doubt it.

Of course you do. But since you're a fan of Gene Scott's, your judgement

is
suspect.

Never said I was a fan of Gene Scott. I hardly ever listened to what he had
to say.