Old February 23rd 05, 12:31 PM
Al Patrick

Default Winn-Dixie - BANKRUPT

I heard of the W-D bankruptcy first on SW radio, 7415, at 8:00 PM last
night - then read it in the paper this morning.

Well, folks, you may want to blame me for this. I did my part to help
Winn-Dixie go bankrupt. I stayed away from their store no matter how
good the "deals" were.

Why? Do you recall about eight or ten years ago, perhaps longer, when a
LADY in Atlanta, GA (?) slapped her child (about 10 years old) in a
Winn-Dixie store because of misbehaving in the store and picking at a
sibling? (I believe it was a little boy picking at his younger sister,
but don't recall for sure.) Anyway, some "nice" clerk (or the cops) was
kind enough to wait until after she had PAID for her groceries before
having her arrested - and hauling her off to jail! (Imagine the "power"
they felt and/or gained out of this. The d**n "Bible-Thumping"
(probably) mother goes to jail. "Yip, got ONE of them off the streets!"
DSS probably got the children, at least for a few hours, and probably
got more money from the government for it, and the four ton cops got
chance to feel real tough beating up on a little old lady! WOW!)

"Yep, spend yo' money wif us so we can monitor yo' principles and git
you arrested! We's don't read that thar B-i-b-l-e nor follow what it
says! We's watches "cops" on tv, knows all about 9-1-1, loves yo' money
and believes all what Doc Spock writted! We's calls 911 in a flash
(probably programmed into the speed dialing system) when we sees anyone
what might act like theys wants to use the rod and train a child! Wes
caint have no dis', dis', oh yeah, DISAPPLINED child in our store cuz da
might make good citizens and stay out of trouble and da system won't
make no money on bee-having chilluns -- less'on wes catchs them
following dat ol' black book!"

I called several of the Winn-Dixie stores, spoke with a manager and
tried to get them to say that it was not official company policy to
interfere with a parent correcting a child. NONE of them would make
such a statement! I promised them I'd not be back until I read they'd
changed policy.

May Winn-Dixie go the way of most of America's industry. Please, help
send them overseas some place. Send them to China. Maybe China can
rework the program, using slave labor and sell it back to us cheaper
than we can produce another Winn-Dixie here! ;-)

Old February 23rd 05, 03:03 PM

What does your story have to do with either shortwave or the failure of
a long time food retailer. Why would anyone gloat over the potential
closing of so many stores that employed and served so many people.

I strongly suggest that you go back and reread everything you wrote.
Ranting like: "Yep, spend yo' money wif us so we can monitor yo'
principles and git you arrested!" makes me think you have been reading
too much KKK literature.

Old February 23rd 05, 03:47 PM
Al Patrick

1) I first heard it on shortwave radio.

2) They appeared to have a company policy to snoop and spy and report
on those who would train up their children to be obedient, mannerly
children.

3) I'm glad something makes you think! THAT is the intent of most of
my messages. Of course, I can't help WHAT you think. All of us choose
to think what we wish! You have made your choice. I appreciate your
sharing it with all the rest of us! ;-)

===========

Old February 24th 05, 01:53 AM
Brian Running

We's don't read that thar B-i-b-l-e nor follow what it
says! We's watches "cops" on tv, knows all about 9-1-1, loves yo' money
and believes all what Doc Spock writted!

It's a good thing there's such an obvious link to shortwave in all this,
otherwise, I'd think this was all just a lot of crazy babbling.

Old February 24th 05, 03:50 PM
Al Patrick

Brian Running wrote:

We's don't read that thar B-i-b-l-e nor follow what it says! We's
watches "cops" on tv, knows all about 9-1-1, loves yo' money and
believes all what Doc Spock writted!

It's a good thing there's such an obvious link to shortwave in all this,
otherwise, I'd think this was all just a lot of crazy babbling.

Thanks for the observation. IN CONTEXT it is a little more obvious.
Old February 24th 05, 05:01 PM
Al Patrick

Someone mentioned all the folks who would lose their jobs, etc. if
Winn-Dixie totally went away. Let me ask this in return. Are all their
customers going to die just because the company could? Another grocery
store will gladly pick up the slack. There'll still be plenty to eat.
Just as much food will need to be sold. Those who lose their jobs can,
in many cases, go to work for the competition.

Now when it comes to 401K, and other retirement plans there is a totally
different story. Also, the employees might lose some seniority and drop
from 20 years to lowest of the totem pole. This would probably mean a
big cut in pay which could be one of the reasons WD is filing for
bankruptcy in the first place.

I expect most will survive. The government loves for people to be
dependent on them. They make better slaves than the independent ones. ;-)
Old February 24th 05, 06:22 PM
running dogg

Brian Running wrote:

We's don't read that thar B-i-b-l-e nor follow what it
says! We's watches "cops" on tv, knows all about 9-1-1, loves yo' money
and believes all what Doc Spock writted!

It's a good thing there's such an obvious link to shortwave in all this,
otherwise, I'd think this was all just a lot of crazy babbling.

It IS just a lot of crazy babbling. Did you see Al's post tying together
Winn-Dixie, the 9-11 terrorist attacks, Osama's intent to bankrupt the
west, Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceddings, the number 11 in general, and a
few other odds and ends? Maybe Gene Scott's death has finally pushed Al
over the edge, and we're going to see a "Network"-style meltdown. Quick,
somebody give Al a microphone!

(I've never known Al to be this racist; maybe we'll see other little
known sides of Al emerge as the meltdown progresses.)

Old February 24th 05, 07:50 PM

Quack,Quack,Quack,,,, You are a Quack.Ship of Fools movie is on tb now.
cuhulin

Old March 17th 05, 09:01 PM
Junior Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Patrick
[...]

!
You are crazy,and really have no clue about Winn Dixie,It's a great supermarket and to have someone of your caliber degrade it is ridiculous.I hope no one actually believe's your lies.I been shopping at Winn Dixie for 20 year's or better and it's a shame to see pampus idiots like you try to degrade it.It's a shame people are letting the like's of Walmart ruin a great grocery chain in rural area's.For long you will have no other option's to buy your groceries but from Walmart.Once they own the market in your area ,they will raise the price's.Nothing you can do about it then b/c there the only grocery store left/retail!