Old February 23rd 05, 11:27 PM
mike0219116

Default Drake MS8 Speaker Discontinued

I noticed that Universal shows the Drake MS8 speaker as being discontinued.
Drake's website no longer has it available for order, and Grove doesn't have
any left either.

It was a pretty crappy speaker for the money, but it looked good next to the
R8B.

Old February 24th 05, 01:41 AM
Michael Lawson

"dxAce" wrote in message

mike0219116 wrote:

I noticed that Universal shows the Drake MS8 speaker as being

discontinued.
Drake's website no longer has it available for order, and Grove

doesn't have
any left either.

It was a pretty crappy speaker for the money, but it looked good

next to the
R8B.

Yeah, but if you wanted a better speaker that looked good,
the smart thing would have been to replace the driver with
a better one.

I'll bet RadioMart will be getting $200 + for them now :-)

$300 with shill bidding included.

--Mike L.

Old February 24th 05, 02:18 AM
Conan Ford

dxAce wrote in
:

mike0219116 wrote:

I noticed that Universal shows the Drake MS8 speaker as being
discontinued. Drake's website no longer has it available for order,
and Grove doesn't have any left either.

It was a pretty crappy speaker for the money, but it looked good next
to the R8B.

I'll bet RadioMart will be getting $200 + for them now :-)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You beat me to it. I wonder if he will strip the magnet off the speaker
and sell it separately.

It'll go something like this:

Drake MS8 speaker * MINT * * VERY RARE *

I have decided to part with some of my huge Drake collection, I counted
and have over 400 items of just Drake alone, I am never going to have
time to go through them all and enjoy them so over the weeks I am going
to be selling some of my collection off.

This auction is for a beautiful Drake MS8 speaker. This speaker will
look great next to your R8B. As it is produced by Drake, it will
reproduce the sound perfectly as designed. Tested and working, it is in
excellent cosmetic shape and is working well.

** All electronics sold by Radio-Mart ARE, unless otherwise stated IN
THE AUCTION AD, are USED electronic equipment and are sold as such with
ALL SALES BEING FINAL and unless otherwise stated “Sold As Is” with no
returns.

** If you have received a damaged item, AND CLEARLY NOT SEEN PICTURED,
the buyer will assume the liability of filing an insurance claim.
INSURANCE ON EACH ITEM WON IS OPTIONAL unless otherwise stated, if an
item is received damaged and NO insurance was selected then the buyer
assumes this responsibility. We recommend taking the insurance option
for the protection of the buyer. Pictures of EVERY ITEM & IT’S LISTING
is saved to assist in ANY INSURANCE INQUIRY.

Old February 24th 05, 04:45 AM
patgkz

"This MS-8 speaker has the improved Bose driver with rare-earth magnet. I
have fully cleansed the outer cabinet and its appearance now rivals that of
mint. The widow that I bought it from wanted me to release this fine
instrument to those who can appreciate it's fine sound. The deceased owner
took care to cover it with a custom silk cover which I, unfortunately, have
misplaced.

I reserve the right to restrict all trouble-makers, Newsgroup bums, etc from
bidding on my auctions. Thank you and have a nice day".....

Martyn

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...
dxAce wrote in
:

Old February 25th 05, 03:33 AM
Ken Ness

On 2005-02-23 17:27:37 -0500, "mike0219116" said:

I noticed that Universal shows the Drake MS8 speaker as being
discontinued. Drake's website no longer has it available for order, and
Grove doesn't have any left either.

It was a pretty crappy speaker for the money, but it looked good next
to the R8B.

R8 owners might want to check out the Palstar speaker. As I understand
it, Paul had Drake supply the same enclosure (but reorienting the slits
90 degrees and printing the Palstar name) into which he put a better
speaker. Anyone up for a double-blind audiophile test of the two?

As for my first Drake, the MS4 looks great next to the SPR4!

Ken