Old February 24th 05, 06:11 PM
bpnjensen

Anyway, the music is better on RHC

I find that for great Cuban music, R. Rebelde is about tops...but RHC
is fine too.

Bruce Jensen

Old February 24th 05, 06:42 PM
running dogg

clvrmnky wrote:

On 24/02/2005 1:46 AM, Telamon wrote:

Had an amusing moment with Havana Cuba complaining about the Bush
"propaganda machine."

Propaganda RHC may be, but many other stations I've been listening to
are as guilty of stretching the limits of my credulity. Some of these
stations are on distant WM and local television too, so draw your own
conclusions.

Every country has it's own propaganda machine. The U.S. is no
different, nor should we expect it to be. The content is often
different depending on the audience (i.e., global or domestic.) Even
the VOA has (had?) a mandate to broadcast official American propaganda
around the world. It's dangerous to listen to anything on RHC _or_ VOA
without a critical ear.

Anyway, the music is better on RHC.

Heck, even the BBC is propaganda. If you listen to their "interviews"
you can hear their bias in the questions. Bias is also exhibited by the
choice of interview subjects. Last night (actually this morning world
day) on The World Today they reported on the "showdown" meeting between
Bush and Putin by interviewing a Russian dissident, who of course ranted
against Putin and expressed his wish for a strong Western condemnation
of Putin's authoritarian tendencies, which of course won't happen. All
"news" is propaganda to a certain extent. Did you hear RHC's rant
against National Intelligence Director nominee John Negroponte on
Saturday night? Apparently Negroponte was the US ambassador to Honduras
in the early 80s when a right wing junta was terrorizing the populace,
and RHC wasted no time blaming Negroponte for not doing something about
it. In fact, HALF of the 10 minute newscast was taken up with this
anti-Negroponte ranting. On Monday night they took up half the newscast
with Hugo Chavez's assertion that the US was getting ready to
assassinate him, something RHC asserted would cause a "continentwide
revolt". But every so often RHC comes up with something that's actually
credible sounding, like Tuesday night's assertions that the US is
planning a Fallujah style assault on Ramadi (sp?) in Iraq, and that Iran
is planning a guerrilla war against US troops if they invade (a simple
strategy: let US troops conquer Iran unopposed, and then make the
occupation hell through guerrilla fighting).

Old February 24th 05, 07:41 PM

Whether it is news or propoganda depends on the side you belong to.
George W. and his machine does a fine job of cranking out half truths
and innuendo as well. The nonsense about social security being in
"immediate crisis" and that individual investment accounts will fix the
problem is but one example.

Old February 24th 05, 07:46 PM

IRELAND?,,,,, brits OUT!!!!!!
GO IRA,GO!
cuhulin

Old February 24th 05, 08:12 PM

Remember, RHC is the voice of libertion in North America.
I was really sad when the USSR called it quits.
I loved Radio Moscow, it was even funnier then VOA.
Terry

Old February 24th 05, 08:24 PM

you are pathetic

Old February 24th 05, 09:00 PM

Norton System Works 2005 with GoBack.I have that good **** in my
ProMagix,Velocity Micro tower computer on Road Runner,, www.twcjam.com
But,like vcrone says in that alt.computer news group room,, I don't know
a damn ****ing thing about computers.vcrone is right too.****tttt,, I am
trying to learn some ****,vcrone,, gimme E for Effort,, you son of a
Bitch! an tell your wife or girlfriend,, I Love Her Ass! :{)
cuhulin

Old February 24th 05, 09:03 PM

Johnsons Radio List,, or is it,Johnsons Russia List? ****,, go look it
up at, www.dogpile.com y'all whoars!!!
cuhulin

This News Group Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê Policy 2 August 6th 04 06:36 AM
GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
News group question S R Shortwave 2 March 12th 04 05:07 AM
News Group for shortwave listeners Puma Shortwave 0 January 4th 04 07:31 AM
Comment On This News Group Lynn Coffelt Equipment 0 August 5th 03 06:06 AM