Old February 25th 05, 03:58 AM
Rob Mills

Default this group needs to get back to basics

"mike maghakian" wrote in message

if so what frequency and time.

Mike, I haven't verified but according to ILG they are transmitting right
now on 5.900, 5.945, 5.995, 6.195, 7.150, 7.240, 7.260, 7.330, 7.390, 9.945,
12.010, 13.665.

I heard some chatter on a few but didn't stay long enough to verify. RM~

Old February 25th 05, 04:15 AM
Les

mike maghakian wrote:
has anyone heard voice of russia with good signal on the west half of

the US
recently. if so what frequency and time. I have been looking without

success

thanks,

Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
could this group get back to its roots ! shortwave radio and stuff

like
that.

no insults
no politics
no religion
nothing but radio !!!!!

Mike,

Not on the west coast, but 7180 is 20 over 9 here on the Gulf of
Mexico.

Les Locklear
Monitoring since ' 57
Monitoring from the Gulf of Mexico
R-1051B/URR
Ten Tec RX-340
Ten RX-350D
Alpha Delta Sloper
Quantum QX Loop
Various Longwires
CU-2279/BRC Multicoupler
http://www.hammarlund.info/homepage.html

Old February 25th 05, 06:40 AM

Lately I have been getting a good signal for V O Russia on 15595 at 3
UTC. Gets noisey after 4. This was an execellent freq all of last
spring and summer but I lost it for most of the winter. Glad to see it
back with a very strong signal on the West Coast.
Bob

Old February 25th 05, 08:33 PM
Invader3K

I haven't been able to pull in Russia here in Wisconsin in quite a
while, at least decently.

Old February 26th 05, 03:35 AM
mike maghakian

at 0230 now I am getting them on 7180 and15595 with fair to good signal and
.. I had given up on them this winter but now I have some hope.
they are one of my favorite stations

oups.com...

Old February 26th 05, 06:52 AM

Like Jack Nicholson said in that Batman movie,This town (news group)
needs an Enema! Like Jack Nicholson said in that Easy Rider movie after
he would take a snort or two of that booze and raise his elbow,yip bip
bip ahhhhhhh........
cuhulin