Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 25th 05, 03:29 AM

Default Help, Sony AN-LP1: internal loop antennas in steel reinforced buildings

Fellow shortwave enthusiasts,

Would Sony's AN-LP1 (indoor active loop) antenna work well inside a
steel reinforced apartment building? I understand it will be mounted on
a glass window, but should I expect the steel in the bldg to degrade
its performance any?

I'm considering upgrading to one of the following:

Setup1: A new Sony ICF-SW7600GR + AN-LP1 Antenna
OR..
Setup2: A used Sony ICF-SW77 (and use the built in whip)

are the two setups comparable in terms of sensitivity or other
performance considerations? maybe someone compared the two setups
firsthand?

Thanks for throwing some advice my way

alfard