Old February 27th 05, 06:39 PM
Ken Wilson

Default NBD on .245 YZE

I need some help. It is 18:30 utc & I am hearing YZE on .245 MHZ. My
BeaconfinderII book shows the only YZE on .245 is in Gore Bay Ontario???
They are sending YZE & then a Long dah around 4or5 seconds.

I don't think that would be possible at 18:30 utc here in central KY ?

Anyone know if there is another YZE ? I know there are 2 BU. One in
Columbus & one in Buffalo ?

Just thought I would kill some time & make a sweep on the LW band. Kind
of fun.

Any help appreciated.

Do you do any LW Ace ?

73, Ken

Ken Wilson
Georgetown, KY

ICOM 756Pro & Wellbrook K9AY
Old February 27th 05, 07:03 PM
dxAce

Ken Wilson wrote:

I need some help. It is 18:30 utc & I am hearing YZE on .245 MHZ. My
BeaconfinderII book shows the only YZE on .245 is in Gore Bay Ontario???
They are sending YZE & then a Long dah around 4or5 seconds.

I don't think that would be possible at 18:30 utc here in central KY ?

Anyone know if there is another YZE ? I know there are 2 BU. One in
Columbus & one in Buffalo ?

Just thought I would kill some time & make a sweep on the LW band. Kind
of fun.

Any help appreciated.

Do you do any LW Ace ?

Rarely, and I can't hear YZE here at present.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 27th 05, 07:58 PM
dxAce

Ken Wilson wrote:

I need some help. It is 18:30 utc & I am hearing YZE on .245 MHZ. My
BeaconfinderII book shows the only YZE on .245 is in Gore Bay Ontario???
They are sending YZE & then a Long dah around 4or5 seconds.

I don't think that would be possible at 18:30 utc here in central KY ?

Anyone know if there is another YZE ? I know there are 2 BU. One in
Columbus & one in Buffalo ?

I checked AirNav.com and only found one BU, and that is in Columbus, OH on 230.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 27th 05, 08:23 PM
Ken Wilson

dxAce wrote:

Ken Wilson wrote:

I need some help. It is 18:30 utc & I am hearing YZE on .245 MHZ. My
BeaconfinderII book shows the only YZE on .245 is in Gore Bay Ontario???
They are sending YZE & then a Long dah around 4or5 seconds.

I don't think that would be possible at 18:30 utc here in central KY ?

Anyone know if there is another YZE ? I know there are 2 BU. One in
Columbus & one in Buffalo ?

I checked AirNav.com and only found one BU, and that is in Columbus, OH on 230.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ace,

My BeaconFinderII Book shows the BU on 230 as Columbus. I logged that
one today. It also shows a BU on 231 Buffalo , NY. My book is older 2003
Rev. A however.

YZE still in good. My settings are .245.000 mhz. USB 1.8 khz bandwidth &
the DPBT-400. I have PWF Batavia OH the strongest . DFI Defiance OH next
on .246 & YZE in there with a lower note or tone than PWF but very
audible @ 20:21 utc.

73, ken
Old February 27th 05, 08:28 PM
dxAce

Ken Wilson wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Ken Wilson wrote:

I need some help. It is 18:30 utc & I am hearing YZE on .245 MHZ. My
BeaconfinderII book shows the only YZE on .245 is in Gore Bay Ontario???
They are sending YZE & then a Long dah around 4or5 seconds.

I don't think that would be possible at 18:30 utc here in central KY ?

Anyone know if there is another YZE ? I know there are 2 BU. One in
Columbus & one in Buffalo ?

I checked AirNav.com and only found one BU, and that is in Columbus, OH on 230.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ace,

My BeaconFinderII Book shows the BU on 230 as Columbus. I logged that
one today. It also shows a BU on 231 Buffalo , NY. My book is older 2003
Rev. A however.

I checked 231 on AirNav and found nothing. Does show BFK on 215 however.