Old March 2nd 05, 02:04 AM
Al Patrick

Default Jackie Patru, Sweet Liberty is on 5070 kHz

Jackie Patru, Sweet Liberty, is on 5070 kHz. at 9:00 PM / 21:00 EST /
02:00 UTC.

She's reading.
Old March 2nd 05, 02:34 AM
running dogg

Al Patrick wrote:

Jackie Patru, Sweet Liberty, is on 5070 kHz. at 9:00 PM / 21:00 EST /
02:00 UTC.

She's reading.

She's a psycho, uh, I mean, psychic?

Old March 2nd 05, 02:41 AM
Pops

Her voice - no kidding, she sounds exactly like my mother-in-law. My
wife, of course, disagrees.
I've noticed that she always sounds like she's talking through a paper
towel dowel, like we used to do as kids.

Old March 2nd 05, 09:32 AM
Al Patrick

You may be right. I suspect her electronic equipment is on the
barely-get-you-by side, and she seems not to have learned a tremendous
amount about the use of it. Occasionally you'll hear phones ring,
children walk in, and I'm not sure about barking dogs, but she has
interruptions aplenty.

She could probably use a good microphone but I'm not sure which kind -
probably one that's part of a headset. That way when she turned her
head to keep up with all the other household activity she'd still be
talking into the mic. Then she may need a good mixer, preferably with
some compression and/or reverb built in. Adding a little bass wouldn't
hurt. I don't think she ever overdrives a mic.

She's probably doing pretty well under the circumstances.

======

Pops wrote:

Her voice - no kidding, she sounds exactly like my mother-in-law. My
wife, of course, disagrees.
I've noticed that she always sounds like she's talking through a paper
towel dowel, like we used to do as kids.

Sweet Liberty back on Al Patrick Shortwave 0 March 1st 05 02:59 AM
Liberty Net vs. the BBC Doctor Artaud Shortwave 14 December 2nd 03 09:46 PM
Sweet Liberty Al Patrick Shortwave 0 August 28th 03 03:43 AM
Taking Back the Group - Family Learns of Evacuation over the Scanner Taking Back the Group Scanner 0 July 22nd 03 01:03 AM