Old March 4th 05, 03:49 AM
running dogg

Default Why?

I take the time to post dx logs, and they're ignored, except by Tebo who
corrects one of my assumptions. But people who post off topic get
zillions of responses, most of them childish insults from the likes of
Ace. David never lacks for attention. But my logs? ZZZZZZZZ (apparently)
Is this REALLY a shortwave radio group? Or just another place for people
to insult each other and act passive aggressive?

Old March 4th 05, 03:50 AM
cupid

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:49:12 -0800, running dogg wrote:

I take the time to post dx logs, and they're ignored, except by Tebo who
corrects one of my assumptions. But people who post off topic get
zillions of responses, most of them childish insults from the likes of
Ace. David never lacks for attention. But my logs? ZZZZZZZZ (apparently)
Is this REALLY a shortwave radio group? Or just another place for people
to insult each other and act passive aggressive?

maybe you are just stupid

Old March 4th 05, 04:34 AM
Telamon

In article , running dogg wrote:

I take the time to post dx logs, and they're ignored, except by Tebo
who corrects one of my assumptions. But people who post off topic get
zillions of responses, most of them childish insults from the likes
of Ace. David never lacks for attention. But my logs? ZZZZZZZZ
(apparently) Is this REALLY a shortwave radio group? Or just another
place for people to insult each other and act passive aggressive?

Probably for the same reason I keep answering the same antenna
questions over and over again. Sometimes to the same people.

Actively insulting someone is being aggressive not being passive
aggressive.

I read your logs. I noticed you spent time on the 31 meter band.

I don't want to pick apart the logs you post but it is useful to know
what people like you are able to hear.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 4th 05, 04:45 AM
running dogg

Telamon wrote:

In article , running dogg wrote:

I take the time to post dx logs, and they're ignored, except by Tebo
who corrects one of my assumptions. But people who post off topic get
zillions of responses, most of them childish insults from the likes
of Ace. David never lacks for attention. But my logs? ZZZZZZZZ
(apparently) Is this REALLY a shortwave radio group? Or just another
place for people to insult each other and act passive aggressive?

Probably for the same reason I keep answering the same antenna
questions over and over again. Sometimes to the same people.

Actively insulting someone is being aggressive not being passive
aggressive.

I read your logs. I noticed you spent time on the 31 meter band.

I don't want to pick apart the logs you post but it is useful to know
what people like you are able to hear.

Tomorrow morning I may try tuning around 19m in hopes of hearing some
Arabic from Middle Eastern stations. I noticed that the Saudis have a
prayer service on 15205 between 1600-1800. I'll have to recheck Radio
Farda freqs for that time too.

Old March 4th 05, 04:58 AM
Telamon

Telamon wrote:

[...]

For the number of signals transmitted on them I seem to pick up the
fewest stations on the 22 and 19 meter bands and for the power they
transmit the Mideast is usually weak signals. Here in southern
California they don't get much bang for the 500kW buck.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 4th 05, 05:22 PM
Mark Zenier

In article , running dogg wrote:
Tomorrow morning I may try tuning around 19m in hopes of hearing some
Arabic from Middle Eastern stations. I noticed that the Saudis have a
prayer service on 15205 between 1600-1800. I'll have to recheck Radio

17:19 UTC Mar 4, in Seattle. Barely a carrier that I had to use sideband
to pick up.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old March 5th 05, 01:00 AM
Brian Hill

"dxAce" wrote in message

Or, as you allude to below, are you just starved for attention?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Bingo!

B.H.

Old March 5th 05, 01:25 AM

Why is the single one question that can never be answered by mortal
Mankind.Only the MAN Above can answer that question,,, Why.
cuhulin

I'd probably add "Why not?" to that list.

Steve

Old March 5th 05, 02:34 AM
Michael

"running dogg" wrote in message
I take the time to post dx logs, and they're ignored, except by Tebo who
corrects one of my assumptions. But people who post off topic get
zillions of responses, most of them childish insults from the likes of
Ace. David never lacks for attention. But my logs? ZZZZZZZZ (apparently)
Is this REALLY a shortwave radio group? Or just another place for people
to insult each other and act passive aggressive?

I used to post my "speed logs" all the time... For the most part, there was
nothing all too interesting about my speed logs because I was just listing
the "big boys"... No surprises.... Ya know ??? So... For now, I only post
the odd stuff I come across... Problem is, I cant hardly ID all the odd
stuff... I'm always picking up stuff from Central and South America that I
cant ID using the lists I have... Especially between 7:00 and 10:00 UTC.
Great time to hear all sorts of odd stuff here... Problem is....When I ask
for help or info ID'ing a questionable signal, I get some arrogant self
important DX JACK-ASS telling me to learn how to use my radio....

Michael