Old March 4th 05, 11:11 PM

Default Killfiles

I have never really understood the concept of killfiles. I mean, when
it comes to radio....we seem to want to WALK ON TOP of the other fella
when he/she makes you mad. We jam the living crap out of the person or
subject we don't care to hear.

A Killfile just sounds like the opposite. Instead of jamming, we're
just turning our "receiver" off.

So I'm suppose to be upset when you turn your receiver off and type:
PLONK????? I could care less! Everybody else is participating but
the killfilers!

Another thing: Do you REALLY believe these people killfile all of this
fine subject matter in here??? Of course not!! They're here because
they WANT to be a part of the madness that is rrs! If they were
looking for order and civility....they would go to yahoo-groups....or
something even more wishy-washy.....

Best o' 73,
Bill - WA8MEA
High Atop the Mighty TinyTenna Building
Downtown TinyTenna, Michigan, USA
(Just south of the Mighty TinyTenna Bridge -
the link between the Lower and Upper
Peninsulas)

Old March 4th 05, 11:15 PM

(I gonna beat someone to it )

Oh, yeh Mr. TinyTenna???!!!!

Well PLONK!!!!!!

Old March 5th 05, 03:09 AM

(I betcha he didn't! Just watch.....)

Hey!! Denley!!

You are SO stupid, you invested in a solar powered flashlight company!!

In fact, you are SO stupid....you probably didn't even understand the
above joke!!

Denley is SO stupid, he sold his car for gasoline money!

Denley is SO stupid, he tried to put M&M's in alphabetical order!

Denley is SO stupid, he could trip over a cordless phone!

Denley is SO stupid, he took the Pepsi Challenge...and chose Jif!

Denley is SO stupid, that under "Education" on his job apllication, he
put "Hooked on Phonics."

And finally; Denley is SO stupid....that when he wathces "The Three
Stooges"....he takes notes!!!

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna Mortgage Brokers of America
"We Finance Your TinyTenna, When Others Say "NO!"
1-800-TINY-TENNA

Old March 5th 05, 04:13 AM
john sumner

Oh boy why dont you just keep on making your overpriced toy and leave this
group in peace
oups.com...

Old March 5th 05, 02:54 PM

Nope. I like it here.

It makes for good material.

And so what if I bother you? You can always PLONK me.....right????

Take care.....

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna Casualty & Life
"Screw the AFLAC duck!
We've got the TinyTenna!"

Old March 5th 05, 03:31 PM
john sumner

wrote in message
oups.com...
Nope. I like it here.

It makes for good material.

And so what if I bother you? You can always PLONK me.....right????

Take care.....

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna Casualty & Life
"Screw the AFLAC duck!
We've got the TinyTenna!"

Nah at least you are not like the other mouth breathers that infest this
group in that you do know something about shortwave radio

Old March 5th 05, 04:22 PM

Just killfile me ugly auld arse,dudette.PLONK
cuhulin

Old March 5th 05, 05:21 AM

Some of them wimmns in a womens stress room at Talk City used to
"killfile" me because I used to get in there and stress em out even more
:{)
cuhulin

Old March 5th 05, 06:19 PM
uncle arnie

If you don't understand killfiles then you've never been on the receiving
end of consistent insults and trolls. There are people who post in this NG
who basically ONLY insult others personally or insult their country. They
post aggressively whatever the topic may be. They alienate and annoy many
of us. These people don't respond to polite suggestions about their manner
of posting, and they often continue to post and post again in the same
topic threads until they finally generate a response. A killfile in this
sort of situation is like telling someone to stop bothering you. Like
finding an "off switch". Justified and necessary, unfortunately. There is
more than enough data to suggest psychological pathology and plain mean
spiritedness for a number of these persons.

To slightly correct you, a killfile is like filtering out static. Makes the
reading so much more pleasant