Old March 4th 05, 11:11 PM

Default Killfiles

I have never really understood the concept of killfiles. I mean, when
it comes to radio....we seem to want to WALK ON TOP of the other fella
when he/she makes you mad. We jam the living crap out of the person or
subject we don't care to hear.

A Killfile just sounds like the opposite. Instead of jamming, we're
just turning our "receiver" off.

So I'm suppose to be upset when you turn your receiver off and type:
PLONK????? I could care less! Everybody else is participating but
the killfilers!

Another thing: Do you REALLY believe these people killfile all of this
fine subject matter in here??? Of course not!! They're here because
they WANT to be a part of the madness that is rrs! If they were
looking for order and civility....they would go to yahoo-groups....or
something even more wishy-washy.....

Best o' 73,
Bill - WA8MEA
High Atop the Mighty TinyTenna Building
Downtown TinyTenna, Michigan, USA
(Just south of the Mighty TinyTenna Bridge -
the link between the Lower and Upper
Peninsulas)

Old March 4th 05, 11:15 PM

(I gonna beat someone to it )

Oh, yeh Mr. TinyTenna???!!!!

Well PLONK!!!!!!

Old March 5th 05, 01:08 AM
Brian Hill

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Fri 04 Mar 2005 06:11:27p, "
wrote in message
ups.com:

I have never really understood the concept of killfiles.
{snippage}

From what I can gather, kill files are used for a variety of reasons, one
of which is to remedy a lack of self-control. In other words, my kill-file
is empty - then again, I've never had a problem controlling which messages
my mouse clicks. Some folks who rely on a kill-file apparently do not
trust their ability to skip a message they would rather not read. Those
folks would probably tell you they can withstand anything. Perhaps it
would be more accurate to say they can withstand anything, except
temptation.

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

Once again jd, you hit the mark!

B.H.

Old March 5th 05, 01:29 AM
Brian Denley

Brian Hill wrote:
"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Fri 04 Mar 2005 06:11:27p, "
wrote in message
ups.com:

I have never really understood the concept of killfiles.
{snippage}

From what I can gather, kill files are used for a variety of
reasons, one of which is to remedy a lack of self-control. In other
words, my kill-file is empty - then again, I've never had a problem
controlling which messages my mouse clicks. Some folks who rely on a
kill-file apparently do not trust their ability to skip a message
they would rather not read. Those folks would probably tell you they
can withstand anything. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say
they can withstand anything, except temptation.

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

Once again jd, you hit the mark!

B.H.

Bullsh*t. Some here would actually like this to be a shortwave group
again, instead of the political wack-job it's become. This place used to be
an extremely vaulable shortwave resource, especially for beginners. Many of
those whose who provided that expertise have left because of the trash
talking. Killfiling is one way to dump the worst offenders. Unfortunately,
most of them just pop back up under a new IP.

--
Brian Denley

Old March 5th 05, 01:30 AM
Brian O

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Fri 04 Mar 2005 06:11:27p, "
wrote in message
ups.com:

I have never really understood the concept of killfiles.
{snippage}

From what I can gather, kill files are used for a variety of reasons, one
of which is to remedy a lack of self-control. In other words, my kill-file
is empty - then again, I've never had a problem controlling which messages
my mouse clicks. Some folks who rely on a kill-file apparently do not
trust their ability to skip a message they would rather not read. Those
folks would probably tell you they can withstand anything. Perhaps it
would be more accurate to say they can withstand anything, except
temptation.

-=jd=-
--

Actually a killfile is used by those who dont want to waste thier mouse
clicks to erase the drivel that needs to be erased in the first place.

Old March 5th 05, 01:54 AM
Brian Hill

"Brian Denley" wrote in message

Bullsh*t. Some here would actually like this to be a shortwave group
again, instead of the political wack-job it's become.

Including myself but It's been this way for the majority of it's existance.
There are differances in people Brian and not all of us need a killfile.
Getting upset about it is useless. Theres allway people that we don't like
or agree with and those that just like to stir ****. Be thankful we have
many resorces online to choose for info and this still isn't too bad and it
keeps on living.

B.H.

Old March 5th 05, 02:34 AM

Nope. I just remember when I left a couple of years ago, announcing a
killfile was the big thing. Then, today, I noticed a new rrs subject
mentioning a killfile once again. So this practiced hasn't changed in
over two years and it made me curious once again.

Maybe I need to elaborate: What is the deal with MENTIONING the PLONK
in the first place???? To me, it's nothing more than someone announcing
on 14.313 that they're now turning his/her radio off...hah hah...nah
nah...take that. And the rest of 14.313 is suppose to be all po'ed at
the guy who turned his radio off on them. Makes no sense! So what?

Just looking for some elaboration.....
That is all......

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna State University
Home of the Fighting TinyTenna's!
TinyTenna, Michigan, USA

Old March 5th 05, 02:56 AM
Brian Hill

wrote in message

Maybe I need to elaborate: What is the deal with MENTIONING the PLONK
in the first place???? To me, it's nothing more than someone announcing
on 14.313 that they're now turning his/her radio off...hah hah...nah
nah...take that. And the rest of 14.313 is suppose to be all po'ed at
the guy who turned his radio off on them. Makes no sense! So what?

Just looking for some elaboration.....
That is all......

Well people that anounce the so called PLONK are doing so in hopes of
offending or getting back at the person that offended them by posting off
topic or whatever? It's like the Na! Na! Na! Na! Na! and stick your tongue
out thing some kids did in kindergarten.

B. H.

Old March 5th 05, 03:09 AM

(I betcha he didn't! Just watch.....)

Hey!! Denley!!

You are SO stupid, you invested in a solar powered flashlight company!!

In fact, you are SO stupid....you probably didn't even understand the
above joke!!

Denley is SO stupid, he sold his car for gasoline money!

Denley is SO stupid, he tried to put M&M's in alphabetical order!

Denley is SO stupid, he could trip over a cordless phone!

Denley is SO stupid, he took the Pepsi Challenge...and chose Jif!

Denley is SO stupid, that under "Education" on his job apllication, he
put "Hooked on Phonics."

And finally; Denley is SO stupid....that when he wathces "The Three
Stooges"....he takes notes!!!

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna Mortgage Brokers of America
"We Finance Your TinyTenna, When Others Say "NO!"
1-800-TINY-TENNA