Old March 5th 05, 04:55 AM
Tim

Default Don Erickson

Longtime AM/FM/shortwave radio DXer Don Erickson of Riverside, California
died Monday (3/1/05) in a noon-hour fire that engulfed his home.
Firefighters had to break through windows that were boarded up, and found
Don's body in the back of his home. A fire department official described the
home as one of a "pack rat" with stacks of newspapers and magazines from
floor to literally the ceiling.

Don had been a radio hobbyist for decades, and had been very active in
various radio clubs. So far, officials have yet to determine the cause of
the blaze.

Sad news.

FYI.

Old March 5th 05, 10:43 AM
dxAce

Tim wrote:

Longtime AM/FM/shortwave radio DXer Don Erickson of Riverside, California
died Monday (3/1/05) in a noon-hour fire that engulfed his home.
Firefighters had to break through windows that were boarded up, and found
Don's body in the back of his home. A fire department official described the
home as one of a "pack rat" with stacks of newspapers and magazines from
floor to literally the ceiling.

Don had been a radio hobbyist for decades, and had been very active in
various radio clubs. So far, officials have yet to determine the cause of
the blaze.

Sad news.

The name sounds familiar to me, and the news is indeed sad.

R.I.P. Don, hope you're DX'ing in the sky.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 5th 05, 02:41 PM

Sad news indeed.Rest In Peace,Don Erickson.Keep on DXing up there in the
Sky.
cuhulin