RadioBanter

-   -   my first post....RAE anyone?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/66192-re-my-first-post-rae-anyone.html)

[email protected] March 6th 05 09:49 PM

my first post....RAE anyone??

Tony Meloche wrote:
wrote:
How easy or difficult is it for SWLers/DXers to pull in RAE

Argentina?
I was able to listen for about an hour and a half on 15345 during a
soccer game (independiente v. San Lorenzo) SINPO was 34333 on a

YB550
(a toy for some here I'm sure) with a little reel antenna.

It's a "typical" catch - it's a 100,000W station (good sized,

but
not huge). I use to get it regularly when I was using a Sangean 505
with the reel-up antenna.

Tony

....my location is Newmarket New Hampshire (near Portsmouth) and I was
using 15 ft of wire with my YB550. RAE was broadcasting its "Radio
Nacional" feed, from 0000 until 0200.

dxAce March 6th 05 09:52 PM

wrote:

Tony Meloche wrote:
wrote:
How easy or difficult is it for SWLers/DXers to pull in RAE

Argentina?
I was able to listen for about an hour and a half on 15345 during a
soccer game (independiente v. San Lorenzo) SINPO was 34333 on a

YB550
(a toy for some here I'm sure) with a little reel antenna.

It's a "typical" catch - it's a 100,000W station (good sized,

but
not huge). I use to get it regularly when I was using a Sangean 505
with the reel-up antenna.

Tony

...my location is Newmarket New Hampshire (near Portsmouth) and I was
using 15 ft of wire with my YB550. RAE was broadcasting its "Radio
Nacional" feed, from 0000 until 0200.

Well then, that's not a bad catch.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] March 7th 05 12:56 PM

In my experience, it's not too hard to get a listenable signal on many
of RAE's Spanish language broadcasts. It's only when they begin the
English broadcast that reception starts to fade (it figures, doesn't
it?).

Steve

Tony Meloche March 7th 05 01:44 PM

wrote:
In my experience, it's not too hard to get a listenable signal on many
of RAE's Spanish language broadcasts. It's only when they begin the
English broadcast that reception starts to fade (it figures, doesn't
it?).

Steve

Never fails :) As I told the original poster, I have no problem
getting it here, and it's usually exactly what he said - the soccer
game. But when the English language broadcast begins - yep, you're right!

Tony

[email protected] March 7th 05 09:04 PM

starman Mar 6, 10:12 pm

I can't recall RAE ever being heard really well in the northeast US.
They have a history of poor reception in North America even though they

should be heard well most of the time, given their power and location
relative to NA. It's probably the result of a mediocre transmitting
antenna and/or improper transmitter operation with the antenna.

....I've been able to pull in the English Broadcast every so often. In
January I was able to copy nearly an entire hour 02-03...SINPO 45444 on
11710 (which is the dicey frequency IMO). In July 2004, while visiting
Estonia, I brought along my RS DX-360 and heard Italian or Portuguese
on 15345... BOOMING! So, I think you're right, at least on the 11710
freq.