Old March 7th 05, 12:56 PM

In my experience, it's not too hard to get a listenable signal on many
of RAE's Spanish language broadcasts. It's only when they begin the
English broadcast that reception starts to fade (it figures, doesn't
it?).

Steve

Old March 7th 05, 09:04 PM

starman Mar 6, 10:12 pm

I can't recall RAE ever being heard really well in the northeast US.
They have a history of poor reception in North America even though they

should be heard well most of the time, given their power and location
relative to NA. It's probably the result of a mediocre transmitting
antenna and/or improper transmitter operation with the antenna.

....I've been able to pull in the English Broadcast every so often. In
January I was able to copy nearly an entire hour 02-03...SINPO 45444 on
11710 (which is the dicey frequency IMO). In July 2004, while visiting
Estonia, I brought along my RS DX-360 and heard Italian or Portuguese
on 15345... BOOMING! So, I think you're right, at least on the 11710
freq.