Old March 6th 05, 10:05 PM
george craig

Default Radio Tahiti

Frequencies listed ; 6135,11827 and 15170 Khz, any one able to pick them
up???
have not heard them in years.......GC

Old March 6th 05, 10:12 PM
dxAce

george craig wrote:

Frequencies listed ; 6135,11827 and 15170 Khz, any one able to pick them
up???
have not heard them in years.......GC

I don't even think RFO is on the air anymore.
I did QSL them on 11835 back in 1983.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 6th 05, 10:15 PM
running dogg

george craig wrote:

Frequencies listed ; 6135,11827 and 15170 Khz, any one able to pick them
up???
have not heard them in years.......GC

I think their last transmitter died a couple years ago. I remember
reading somewhere, maybe Passport, about five years ago that Tahiti's
transmitters were old and worn out and too expensive to maintain because
parts for them are so scarce, so that as they died they wouldn't be
repaired, and Tahiti had no money to buy new transmitters, so they
wouldn't be replaced.

Old March 6th 05, 11:42 PM
george craig

"running dogg" wrote in message ...
george craig wrote:

Frequencies listed ; 6135,11827 and 15170 Khz, any one able to pick them
up???
have not heard them in years.......GC

I think their last transmitter died a couple years ago. I remember
reading somewhere, maybe Passport, about five years ago that Tahiti's
transmitters were old and worn out and too expensive to maintain because
parts for them are so scarce, so that as they died they wouldn't be
repaired, and Tahiti had no money to buy new transmitters, so they
wouldn't be replaced.

Sad to hear they are off the air...I know radio Cook islands transmitter

died in a fire...GC

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Old March 6th 05, 11:52 PM
Telamon

george craig wrote:

Frequencies listed ; 6135,11827 and 15170 Khz, any one able to pick them
up???
have not heard them in years.......GC

I think their last transmitter died a couple years ago. I remember
reading somewhere, maybe Passport, about five years ago that Tahiti's
transmitters were old and worn out and too expensive to maintain because
parts for them are so scarce, so that as they died they wouldn't be
repaired, and Tahiti had no money to buy new transmitters, so they
wouldn't be replaced.

Sad to hear they are off the air...I know radio Cook islands transmitter

died in a fire...GC

Maybe the news group should take up a collection to buy them a used low
power transmitter. I expect the Dx'ers that read the news group would
love that development.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old March 7th 05, 02:41 PM
David

I got a very nice response for a report on 15,172.5 (v) in 1988. It
was very weak in Houston then. I managed to hear a couple of Beatles
songs through the noise for my report. That was during my R-390A 120'
random wire days.