Old March 7th 05, 06:33 PM
Dan Say

Default Can someone put all of "promo-girl's" announcements on a Interval Signals website?

Max Power wrote:

Can someone put all of "promo-girl's" announcements on a
Interval Signals website?

They've been on since last summer, and change
hourly as 30 seconds, now 2 x 15 seconds promotions
for upcoming network programs.

We don't want them preserved--we want them taken off.

Anyway it is domestic radio, not shortwave.

"Loathed" is the word. Smarmy, self-centred and
referential, they are an attempt to attract (though
they also repel) the youf' market.
FAQ:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_signal
http://www.intervalsignals.net/

http://www.publicairwaves.ca/index.php?page=942

Globe outs CBC "Promo Girl"

THE GLOBE AND MAIL // March 3, 2005
By GAYLE MACDONALD

Today the truth will be revealed.

The mystery woman called Promo Girl, whose incredibly sexy voice
has polarized CBC Radio One listeners for close to a year, is
out of the closet.

And she is none other than the smart-talking actress Shauna
MacDonald, whose eclectic career includes roles such as Officer
Erica Miller on Trailer Park Boys, the demure Dr. Paxton on
Shattered City: The Halifax Explosion, and more recently, a minx
of a detective named Velma in a short film, The Porcelain Pussy.

Reached yesterday on her cellphone as the Antigonish,
N.S.-native rushed into the CBC to record yet another of the
hundreds of 30-second spots she's churned out since June,
MacDonald said she feels both sad and relieved to be finally
"outed" by The Globe and Mail.

"As an actor to not be able to tell anyone about a gig for 10
months -- it was killing me!" says the throaty MacDonald. "But
it's really been one of the funnest -- is that a word? Oh, well
-- things I've ever done. The mystique's over so that's sad, but
it's nice the pressure is off too. Now I can relax a little
more.

"I just hope they don't fire me, now that everyone knows who I
am."

By all accounts, Promo Girl is loved and loathed by CBC
listeners in almost equal measure. Men tend to go crazy for her
teasing intros. "I was in Halifax for the Atlantic Film
Festival," MacDonald says.

--
For real Dxing,