Old March 10th 05, 06:22 AM
Dennis and Judy Toye

Default car shortwave radio

Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me if there is a shortwave radio for cars
if so who makes it and cost and where i can get one from

Cheers
Dennis

Old March 10th 05, 05:41 PM
Tom Betz

"Dennis and Judy Toye"
wrote in u:

Can anyone tell me if there is a shortwave radio for cars
if so who makes it and cost and where i can get one from

The only one I know of on the market now is the Sony XRF5100:
http://www.durhamradio.com/s/customer/product.php?productid=45403&cat=1938&page=1
or
http://usa.shortwavestore.com/sony-shortwave-receivers.html.

Being closer to Japan than I am, you might find more choices available
in your area.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
Old March 10th 05, 05:54 PM
dxAce

Tom "I was born a 'tard" Betz wrote:

George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
disability caused there is more blood on George W. Bush's hands,
and on the hands of everyone who voted for George W. Bush.

When are you going to stop being a 'tard boy and get with the program?

I notice you never complain about the 'tards who are daily blowing up their own people
in Iraq.

Just whose side are you really on Betz?

Some interesting folks are just itching to visit you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 10th 05, 06:15 PM
David

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/63

\On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:22:03 +1100, "Dennis and Judy Toye"

Old March 10th 05, 07:37 PM
Tom Betz

Tom Betz wrote in
. 69:

http://www.durhamradio.com/s/custome...tid=45403&cat=
1938&page=1 or
http://usa.shortwavestore.com/sony-shortwave-receivers.html.

I see now that Jacky's has it at a considerably lower price:
http://www.jackys.com/product/product.asp?prod_id=3547&qcatname=Car+Cassette+Pla yer&qcatid=00501

Shipping from the UAE might add to it a tad, though...

Old March 11th 05, 12:06 AM
Li Changchun

http://www.jackys.com/product/produc...me=Car+Cassett
e+Player&qcatid=00501

Shipping from the UAE might add to it a tad, though...

Not to mention the third degree you have to go through with Jacky's in order
to use a credit card.
Order it from Durham Radio and don't worry about someone ripping off your
identity in an Islamic country.