Old March 12th 05, 11:50 AM
Sanjaya

wrote in message oups.com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Accepted PayPal payments for the other items.
Wants money order or cashier's check for the radio.

Old March 12th 05, 12:23 PM
dxAce

Jim Douglas wrote:

I sent a message to him indicating that I would pay $$ for this! Let's see
what he says! Also the auction was NOT pulled as of 5:10AM CST this morning!

Has anyone actually asked him if he has the radio? According to Universal the radio is to
be released in mid-2005.

How did this fellow get one?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 12th 05, 12:32 PM
Dan

Check out the responses;
all 100 % Positive;
and the items for sale..

all have the same " Time Left" on the bid..

There was some kid recently arrested for selling stuff on Ebay;
- stuff that didn't exist

( Buyer Beware..)

Old March 12th 05, 12:42 PM
Dan

Item Location.. Brooklyn , N.Y.

- Show up with the cash on a streetcorner
yeah, right...

Old March 12th 05, 05:09 PM

I also wrote to this person, inquiring how they came to have this radio
prior to its release. They wrote back:

I am very sorry for this misunderstanding. I went through the internet
and I think this one really is not released yet. I was mistaken by my
providers, they may mixed-up something. Thank you for reminding me
this. I shell take this item out of auction

And yet, the auction continues. I just pulled it up on ebay. I'm not
sure this person can end the auction now that there are 9 bids on the
item, can he?

Steve

Old March 12th 05, 05:18 PM

The title of this thread is interesting.

New *grundig E1* on ebay....

I'll bet a lot of people will associate this radio with Grundig even
though Grundig has absolutely, positively nothing to do with it.

I'm even curious to what extent Drake has had a hand in designing this
radio. They've obviously played some role, but you can scour the Drake
website from top to bottom and never see any discussion of the
E1XM--whereas you can't miss the Satellit 800 and it's up for sale
directly from Drake. Whatever role Drake had with this receiver, it
appears to have been pretty minimal.

But hey, who can resist paying tabletop prices for portable
performance?

Steve

Old March 12th 05, 05:21 PM

Correction: I don't see anything about the 800 on Drake's website now.
I wonder what, if anything, that means?

Steve

Old March 12th 05, 07:29 PM
Sanjaya

wrote in message
oups.com...
I also wrote to this person, inquiring how they came to have this radio
prior to its release. They wrote back:

I am very sorry for this misunderstanding. I went through the internet
and I think this one really is not released yet. I was mistaken by my
providers, they may mixed-up something. Thank you for reminding me
this. I shell take this item out of auction

And yet, the auction continues. I just pulled it up on ebay. I'm not
sure this person can end the auction now that there are 9 bids on the
item, can he?

Steve

Concerned eBay members can report items they think might be fraudulent by accessing
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html and using the 3 steps for contacting eBay.
1. "report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item"
2. "Fraudulent listings"
3. "report a listing you think is fraudulent (you didn't bid)"

Someone doing that might indicate in their report that a reputable company like
universal-radio.com says the radio is not expected to be released until mid 2005.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0101.html

I'd guess we'd find out if the auction can be removed if that happens.

Old March 12th 05, 07:43 PM
Jim Hackett

I wrote to eBay explaining this fact the other day. That the auction is
STILL running tells me a lot about where eBay's priorities are!

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
nk.net...

oups.com...

Old March 13th 05, 12:03 AM
Brenda Ann

wrote in message
oups.com...
I also wrote to this person, inquiring how they came to have this radio
prior to its release. They wrote back:

I am very sorry for this misunderstanding. I went through the internet
and I think this one really is not released yet. I was mistaken by my
providers, they may mixed-up something. Thank you for reminding me
this. I shell take this item out of auction

And yet, the auction continues. I just pulled it up on ebay. I'm not
sure this person can end the auction now that there are 9 bids on the
item, can he?

I had this argument with a buyer a few months ago. Yes, a person CAN end an
auction, even if it has bids on it.

1) if the item becomes unavailable (i.e. broken or otherwise)
2) if the seller has decided not to sell the item (this actually goes with
1) above)
3) to sell the item to the highest current bidder

Yes, it's all there in the rules.

The Eton E1 XM Radio -=V=- Grundig Satellite 800 M [ Plus Some History ] RHF Shortwave 10 January 6th 05 04:56 AM
GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM