Old March 13th 05, 10:51 AM
Sanjaya

wrote in message oups.com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Bidding ended due to "error in listing".

Old March 13th 05, 12:00 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

wrote in message oups.com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Bidding ended due to "error in listing".

That was apparently some error!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 13th 05, 12:28 PM
Sanjaya

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

Bidding ended due to "error in listing".

That was apparently some error!

Yeah. "Oops. I listed an item that doesn't exist"

Old March 13th 05, 12:30 PM

Just you wait. In a few weeks this same seller will have a Drake R9 up
for auction, or a Kneisner and Doering KWZ50.

Steve

Old March 13th 05, 02:48 PM

-=jd=- wrote:
I'm not sure about eBay rules on cancelling a listing but at the very

least, he could update the description to indicate the radio has not

yet
been released or provide an expected availability date. If someone

*still*
wants to bid on it after that -- Hey, some folks *like* to roll

dice...

-=jd=-

I, too, wrote to the seller, but I also reported him to eBay as a
potential fraud. I got the same, poorly written, boilerplate response
from him, but he added this line;

"I have a supplier who pays me just a commission from this selling. I
have just started here; I have just sold a several books before."

My message to eBay went something like this;

"Message: The item in question isn't even released to the public yet.
After looking at the sellers account and previous sales, all they did
was sell one cent books, to artificially inflate their feedback rating.
Now that they hit 20, with a gold star, everything they are listing is
primarily high tech electronics, and other high value goods, with the
following payment instructions; "We only take Money Orders, Cashier's
Checks, Western Union or Money Gram transaction payments for the
auction.". Furthermore, they never show an actual photo of any of the
merchandise, only pictures lifted from other websites...Something is
most definitely not right with this set up. Please look into this; I
know something is fishy here. Thanks."

I'd almost be willing to bid on something, and then insist that we use
eBay's escrow.com service for payment. I think I'll ask him about it,
since it's my right to protect myself with this service, according to
eBay's rules.

Way too fishy, though. The name looks to be from the old Soviet
Georgia. Hmmm, that couldn't be a scam, could it?

The Eton E1 XM Radio -=V=- Grundig Satellite 800 M [ Plus Some History ] RHF Shortwave 10 January 6th 05 04:56 AM
GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM