RadioBanter

-   -   Fishermen on 4126.4 usb (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/66594-fishermen-4126-4-usb.html)

[email protected] March 12th 05 12:41 AM

Fishermen on 4126.4 usb

At 0040, if anyone's interested.

Steve

BDK March 12th 05 01:52 AM

In article .com,
says...
At 0040, if anyone's interested.

Steve

If you haven't heard fishermen fighting, it's one of the funniest things
you will ever hear. Most of them seem to sound like Ted Kennedy, and
when they threaten each other, it's great..

BDK

Jim Douglas March 12th 05 11:12 AM

Where are you located?

oups.com...

Jack Painter March 12th 05 05:20 PM

wrote

At 0040, if anyone's interested.

Steve

Hi Steve, any chance you meant " 4.125 " Mhz? Seems odd to find traffic
exactly 1400Hz higher than ITU# 450, which is 4.125 and a very popular
marine calling and distress frequency.

The difference between USB assigned frequency and carrier frequency is
1400Hz. Some purists still like to post assigned frequency instead of
carrier frequency. This confuses most hobbyists and serves no purpose since
modern radios all display carrier frequency in their "window". Frequency
allocations still use assigned frequency (1400 Hz above carrier and
window-frequency) but that's the only place I see it anymore.

Best regards,

Jack Painter
Virginia Beach, Virginia

[email protected] March 12th 05 05:50 PM

Hi Jack,

I'm too lazy to worry about assigned vs carrier frequency. I just post
whatever frequency is displayed on the LCD readout on my R8B. It said
4126.4 khz, and I believe the displayed frequency is the carrier
frequency in SSB. Maybe the fisherman were slightly off frequency?

I don't know, but they were entertaining to listen to.

Steve

Jack Painter March 12th 05 06:02 PM

wrote
Hi Jack,

I'm too lazy to worry about assigned vs carrier frequency. I just post
whatever frequency is displayed on the LCD readout on my R8B. It said
4126.4 khz, and I believe the displayed frequency is the carrier
frequency in SSB. Maybe the fisherman were slightly off frequency?

I don't know, but they were entertaining to listen to.

Steve

Steve, I use my R8B as a guard receiver, and it's a champ in any band. It is
indeed display = carrier. So yes I would say the fishermen were just doing
what they often do, tuning up wherever they feel like it, and sometimes on
whatever band they feel like, lol.

Jack

[email protected] March 12th 05 07:15 PM

I wish more people would record this stuff. If you can tolerate having
a PC running while listenting to shortwave, you can record using the
scanner recorder at www.davee.com. Adjust the squelch to zero to record
everying. I record in either mp3 or gsm.

[email protected] March 12th 05 08:07 PM

I agree that it would nice to have more recordings, but I don't have a
website to post recordings on and they'd probably be too large to send
via email.

Steve

BDK March 13th 05 02:21 AM

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:52:45 -0500, BDK expelled the following:

If you haven't heard fishermen fighting, it's one of the funniest things
you will ever hear. Most of them seem to sound like Ted Kennedy, and when
they threaten each other, it's great..

BDK

"Emmm N ER Ahhh.., don't touch my bait you FACKER!"

"Errr Ahhhhh, Go FACK yaself!"

This has been a simulation only!

You got it! One of the best I ever heard was between an older woman and
a young guy, both with the accents, and they went at it most of an
entire day. I kept thinking, well, that's it, and then there they would
go again. I shot Pepsi out my nose a couple of times listening to them
over the years..

The guy would threaten the woman to "Gut yah son up layke a trash feeish
and chop him up inta chum and catch a couple a shahks!!"
She would talk about "Er, ahh, yah balls wouldn't even make faih minnah
bait, thayre too goddamn smawwll!"

They threatned to burn each other's boats, families, "cahs", etc. It was
great. I wish I would have recorded it..

BDK

Jim Douglas March 13th 05 11:17 AM

Sorry, DUH, did not even see that, Thanks, I always want to know where folks
are as I am in TX and don't get **** down here! Well a little **** but not
as much as you east coasters do!

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Douglas wrote:
Where are you located?

New York City. I thought the NYC in my email address would tip people
off to that...sorry.

Steve