RadioBanter

-   -   Pirate 6975 02:30 UTC (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/66668-pirate-6975-02-30-utc.html)

Lucky March 13th 05 02:32 AM

Pirate 6975 02:30 UTC

Playing old 70's music.

Good signal in AM.

R-75 outta Miami

Lucky

Lucky March 13th 05 02:37 AM

"Lucky" wrote in message
Playing old 70's music.

Good signal in AM.

R-75 outta Miami

Lucky

Looks more like 6973 for SSB but AM still better.

Lucky

Tony Meloche March 13th 05 02:38 AM

Lucky wrote:
Playing old 70's music.

Good signal in AM.

R-75 outta Miami

Lucky

Yeah, I copy that. Quite a bit of noise with it here in Michigan,
but he and the music can be heard clearly - his signal is actually very
steady.

Tony

Dan March 13th 05 02:40 AM

Yep

02:35.. very very faint

music on 6.973 & change

( Moody Blues )

Dan / NYC R-75

Lucky March 13th 05 02:45 AM

"Dan" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yep

02:35.. very very faint

music on 6.973 & change

( Moody Blues )

Dan / NYC R-75

You got it!
Yes, signal is strong and steady with some drifts but holds up well. I can't
make out the language he's speaking.
French or Arabic?????

Lucky

[email protected] March 13th 05 02:46 AM

It's not a pirate. It's an Israeli station.

Steve

Lucky March 13th 05 02:55 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
It's not a pirate. It's an Israeli station.

Steve

Hmmm,
I couldn't find it scheduled so I thought it was a pirate. Funny, I changed
the title of the post from "Possible Pirate" to "Pirate"

Sorry guys I blew it.

Good music though!

Lucky

Tony Meloche March 13th 05 02:56 AM

wrote:
It's not a pirate. It's an Israeli station.

Steve

May be. But Neither ILG nor EIBI lists *any* station at any time on
6975. When I move to 6973, where Galehzahal is, I lose him - he's right
on 6975 on my receiver. And they broadcast in Hebrew - that's not what
he sounds like (could be, though). If it is Galezahal, it's a nice
catch - 5kW from the Middle East! But without knowing for sure, I'm
inclined to believe it is a pirate, for now.

Tony

Lucky March 13th 05 02:57 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
It's not a pirate. It's an Israeli station.

Steve

Yes Steve, I hear Hebrew now....

Lucky

Tony Meloche March 13th 05 03:02 AM

Beginning to sound more like a conventional broadcaster now.
Several "pro sounding" announcer voices, one of them a woman, and what
seems to be a news broadcast. I cannot make out the language, but it
*is* reminiscent of French, from what is intelligible.

Tony