Old March 16th 05, 09:50 PM
patgkz

Default The Day the Shortwave Died

Just when I though shortwave was alive,
Icom discontinues the R-75.

Listening to signals before its too late,
on my discontinued Drake R8.

Not much shortwave like days gone by,
just the bantering of some religious guy.

Bring back the signals of yesterday,
before all the radio's go away.

Old March 17th 05, 01:53 PM
Jay

I've taken some solace from having my own am transmitter (SSTran), so at
least I can play my Old Time Radio shows and old music through my old am
radios. It's not the thrill of long distance reception on am and sw but at
least I can still enjoy the radios. I'm going to remain optimistic that good
old am and sw analog radio will continue for some time to come, even if it
is on the decline. Hey...with all the new, inexpensive sw radios coming out
of China, at least SOMEONE has faith radio will be worthwhile for at least a
bit longer.

Jay
wrote in message
alt.discuss.computers
cuhulin

Old March 18th 05, 04:47 AM
m II

Jay wrote:

I've taken some solace from having my own am transmitter (SSTran), so at
least I can play my Old Time Radio shows and old music through my old am
radios.

You could send a reception report to yourself and perhaps get a qsl card back..

It would appear you are on the leading edge of a new hobby. SX listening.
The shorter the distance between the radio and your transmitter, the more
valued the card. That's if you actually receive it. Station managers are on
tight budgets and are extremely lazy sorts. A small bribe accompanying your
reception report may help get that card.

mike