Old March 17th 05, 05:11 PM
John Schneider

Default Good Guys Alert (was "Need Help with my HF-150")

I just wanted to publicly thank Lucky, Steve, Dale and most especially Pete,
KE9OA who offered to help me when I thought I had a serious set of issues
with my radio. Turned out that, despite what the manual might indicate, I
need to power my radio with a 500mAh power supply as opposed to the 300mAh I
was using. Once properly powered the radio works wonderfully. Anyway, my
point is that, despite the off topic and often incoherent ramblings on this
newsgroup, there are knowledgeable, intelligent people willing to help when
asked.

Thank you all again.

John, KB2COP

Old March 17th 05, 08:11 PM
RHF

JS,
Old March 19th 05, 04:26 AM
Pete KE9OA

I am happy that you got the unit running ok. I just ordered some of those
switches from Digi-Key. When I receive the order, I will forward the part
number on the NG. The switches are only 95 cents each...........manufacturer
is ITT.

Pete

"Lucky" wrote in message

"John Schneider" wrote in message
I just wanted to publicly thank Lucky, Steve, Dale and most especially
Pete, KE9OA who offered to help me when I thought I had a serious set of
issues with my radio. Turned out that, despite what the manual might
indicate, I need to power my radio with a 500mAh power supply as opposed
to the 300mAh I was using. Once properly powered the radio works
wonderfully. Anyway, my point is that, despite the off topic and often
incoherent ramblings on this newsgroup, there are knowledgeable,
intelligent people willing to help when asked.

Thank you all again.

John, KB2COP

Hi John

I'm really glad you fixed the problem. Pretty good going. Yes I'm using a
Radio Shack 500mAH 12v myself. No wonder the radio's mode buttons weren't
responding right. I like it when things work out for people. Life is hard
enough as it is. Enjoy yourself now John.

Lucky

F.S. Radio / Books & Stuff Brian Hill Boatanchors 0 January 27th 05 07:00 PM
F.S. Radio / Books & Stuff Brian Hill Swap 0 January 27th 05 07:00 PM
GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 10:44 PM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
[email protected] GOOD GUY alert Browning Mark FourA Swap 1 September 11th 03 11:13 PM