Old March 26th 05, 05:12 PM
jimg

Default radios, now i begin to understand

Now i hv a heavily modded kenwood r1000 with homebrew sam det and a
new icom r75 with kiwa mods, and now i begin to understand what drives
all these discussions and loyalties about radios.
The r1000 is a very nice little radio, especially with the mods...the
r75 on the other hand is almost uncontrollable with more sensitivity
than is good for it. the r1000 is very nice to listen to, the r75
sucks without a pair of sony headphones. but the ability to pull sta
out of indiscernable muck is great...the r75 has more buttons, knobs,
etc to play with to get there. and you mean to tell me that the more
expensive radios (drake r8b, etc.( are even better than this? holy
****.....i need more money
jimg
Oregon
USA
Old March 26th 05, 05:42 PM
Brian Hill

"jimg" wrote in message
Now i hv a heavily modded kenwood r1000 with homebrew sam det and a
new icom r75 with kiwa mods, and now i begin to understand what drives
all these discussions and loyalties about radios.
The r1000 is a very nice little radio, especially with the mods...the
r75 on the other hand is almost uncontrollable with more sensitivity
than is good for it. the r1000 is very nice to listen to, the r75
sucks without a pair of sony headphones. but the ability to pull sta
out of indiscernable muck is great...the r75 has more buttons, knobs,
etc to play with to get there. and you mean to tell me that the more
expensive radios (drake r8b, etc.( are even better than this? holy
****.....i need more money
jimg
Oregon
USA

LOL! I know, I had to get a second job years ago just to afford myself.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

Old March 27th 05, 04:28 AM
KA6UUP

Shoot,
I had to retire because my job was beginning to interfere with my hobbies.
73,
Chuck
PS: I just bought an FT897

Old March 27th 05, 07:49 AM
Telamon

Brian Hill wrote:

"jimg" wrote in message

[...]

If jimg is listening to that R75 on its internal speaker no wonder it
sounds like crap. Get a $20 - $40 bookshelf speaker for it and it will
sound a lot better.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 26th 05, 11:57 PM

You won't do much better than the Kiwa modified R75 when digging out
hard-core DX. Any improvement with a Drake or AOR will be incremental
(or incidental) at best. Get an external speaker for that R75 and your
audio will improve. The R-1000's audio is very hard to beat.

Frank

FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 07:53 AM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S HT1000'S, VISAR'S,& MAXTRAC'S John Swap 0 January 21st 04 05:58 AM
FS MOTOROLA RADIOS HT1000'S , VISAR'S ,& MAXTRAC'S John Swap 0 January 19th 04 05:50 AM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S HT1000's,VISAR'S,& MAXTRAC'S John Swap 0 January 17th 04 05:24 PM
MILITARY USES FRS RADIOS IN BOSNIA john private smith Swap 14 December 9th 03 02:50 PM