RadioBanter

-   -   BBC using British pounds over US Dollars (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/68021-bbc-using-british-pounds-over-us-dollars.html)

[email protected] March 31st 05 02:30 AM

BBC using British pounds over US Dollars

Is it just me or has the BBC stated anouncing money in British Pounds
instead of US dollars? Is this related to the dollars decline? I
don't know the conversion factor of Pound Sterling to Canadia dollars
off the top of my head but I do know that 1 US dollar equals 0.83
Canadian dollars.

Michael A. Terrell March 31st 05 04:48 PM

RHF wrote:

BILL HP,
.
Now let me see the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) in the
BBC's programming to the British People is using the British
Pound (their national currency) as their Standard for stating
Financial Maters. This sounds rather consistant and quite
normal to me and Very British !

The implication is that since they have accepted the "Euro" dollar
that they should abandon their old currency.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

[email protected] March 31st 05 05:40 PM

Since I am Schottch Eyrie by Ancestry,naturally,,, I Despise ALL damn
Mother ****ing brits (GO,IRA,GO!) but at least them Mother ****ing brits
have sense enough to hang on to their British Pound Sterling.Them brit
gals have bad teeth too.I wonder what their pussys are like?
cuhulin

M. J. Powell March 31st 05 08:09 PM

In message , Michael A. Terrell
writes
RHF wrote:

BILL HP,
.
Now let me see the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) in the
BBC's programming to the British People is using the British
Pound (their national currency) as their Standard for stating
Financial Maters. This sounds rather consistant and quite
normal to me and Very British !

The implication is that since they have accepted the "Euro" dollar
that they should abandon their old currency.

We have NOT accepted the Euro.

Mike

M. J. Powell March 31st 05 08:10 PM

In message ,
writes
Since I am Schottch Eyrie by Ancestry,naturally,,, I Despise ALL damn
Mother ****ing brits (GO,IRA,GO!) but at least them Mother ****ing brits
have sense enough to hang on to their British Pound Sterling.Them brit
gals have bad teeth too.I wonder what their pussys are like?
cuhulin

Buffoon. Scots are Brits.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell

RHF March 31st 05 08:24 PM

MAT - Old Habits Die Hard [.] ~ RHF
{ The Pound is a Pound - The World Around ! ]

Michael A. Terrell March 31st 05 11:12 PM

"M. J. Powell" wrote:

We have NOT accepted the Euro.

Mike

??? That's not what I was told by several people I correspond with in
England told me.

RHF March 31st 05 11:32 PM

MAT,

RHF March 31st 05 11:36 PM

MAT -Sorry this was direct to MJP not you - My Bad ~ RHF

RHF March 31st 05 11:36 PM

MJP,