Old March 31st 05, 02:30 AM

Default BBC using British pounds over US Dollars

Is it just me or has the BBC stated anouncing money in British Pounds
instead of US dollars? Is this related to the dollars decline? I
don't know the conversion factor of Pound Sterling to Canadia dollars
off the top of my head but I do know that 1 US dollar equals 0.83
Canadian dollars.

Old March 31st 05, 04:48 PM
Michael A. Terrell

RHF wrote:

BILL HP,
.
Now let me see the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) in the
BBC's programming to the British People is using the British
Pound (their national currency) as their Standard for stating
Financial Maters. This sounds rather consistant and quite
normal to me and Very British !

The implication is that since they have accepted the "Euro" dollar
that they should abandon their old currency.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old March 31st 05, 05:40 PM

Since I am Schottch Eyrie by Ancestry,naturally,,, I Despise ALL damn
Mother ****ing brits (GO,IRA,GO!) but at least them Mother ****ing brits
have sense enough to hang on to their British Pound Sterling.Them brit
gals have bad teeth too.I wonder what their pussys are like?
cuhulin

Old March 31st 05, 08:09 PM
M. J. Powell

In message , Michael A. Terrell
writes
RHF wrote:

BILL HP,
.
Now let me see the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) in the
BBC's programming to the British People is using the British
Pound (their national currency) as their Standard for stating
Financial Maters. This sounds rather consistant and quite
normal to me and Very British !

The implication is that since they have accepted the "Euro" dollar
that they should abandon their old currency.

We have NOT accepted the Euro.

Mike
Old March 31st 05, 08:24 PM
RHF

MAT - Old Habits Die Hard [.] ~ RHF
{ The Pound is a Pound - The World Around ! ]
Old March 31st 05, 11:12 PM
Michael A. Terrell

"M. J. Powell" wrote:

We have NOT accepted the Euro.

Mike

??? That's not what I was told by several people I correspond with in
England told me.

Old March 31st 05, 11:32 PM
RHF

MAT,
Old March 31st 05, 11:36 PM
RHF

MAT -Sorry this was direct to MJP not you - My Bad ~ RHF
Old March 31st 05, 11:36 PM
RHF

MJP,

FS:BC60XLT-1 lightly used 10 band 30 channel 65.00 dollars [email protected] Scanner 0 January 15th 05 01:37 AM
British mil HF manpack for sale J Swap 0 October 15th 04 06:00 AM
Flash---- Iran seizes 3 British Warships? dxAce Shortwave 7 June 25th 04 02:09 AM
British Army R209 Mk2 rx, FS milradio Boatanchors 0 October 22nd 03 10:20 AM
Radio Canada International : British Columbia Relay Station ... view the computations! http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 8 August 8th 03 06:13 PM