Old April 1st 05, 12:10 AM

Default Sony AN-LP1

Any one have a Sony AN-LP1 and was wondering how you liked it.

Thanks jim
Old April 1st 05, 12:23 AM
Dan

Excellent little portable amlified antenna with a built in pre
selector..

- Can't go wrong..

Old April 1st 05, 08:46 PM
Joe Analssandrini

Dear Jim,

Stephan Grossklass' message (above) says it all. I have five (5) of
these antennas (I have five Sony ICF-SW7600-series radios: two G's and
three GR's); I thought I better get all I would need while the getting
was good.

The antenna does not work well with table-model communications
receivers but for portables it is very good indeed. (The AOR WL500
Window Loop antenna is a much better performer but also costs over
twice as much and is not as convenient for travel as the Sony. If those
"hurdles" don't deter you, the AOR antenna otherwise is a far superior
antenna in every way. If you can afford it, it doesn't hurt to have
both. I do! - [I also have a Wellbrook].)

However, if you have a suitable radio and are looking for a good
antenna that will travel as well as your radio does and is also usable
about the house, the AN-LP1 will do nicely.

I have found AES http://www.aesham.com to be the dealer with the
most consistent stock of this antenna; they are, of course, a very
reliable company and their price is less than that of most of the eBay
sellers. Note that you must order the antenna via one of their
toll-free telephone numbers as Sony prohibits them selling the antenna
via the web (just another example of Sony's "brilliant" marketing).

Best,

Joe

Sony ICF-SW7600 / Sony ICF-SW7600G / Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio Information & Links RHF Shortwave 0 January 1st 05 11:02 PM
Sony CFM-140S Al Arduengo Shortwave 3 April 10th 04 06:40 AM
FS: New/Unopened Sony ICF-SW07 - $ 275.00 Delivered Chuck Gulker Swap 0 January 3rd 04 06:11 PM
Sony 7600 GR Reception of WGN Chicago (AM 720) Bob D Shortwave 16 September 14th 03 05:21 PM