Old April 2nd 05, 05:37 PM
David Stinson

RedOctober wrote:

To an atheist like me, the pope has little meaning or worth to me other
than being just another fellow human being who is old and in poor
health.

As a free thinker I have little need for religion. Since religion
itself is oppressive.

I'm not Catholic, but
the Pope speaks with the voice of God for about two billion people.
Their beliefs and views are as valid to them as yours are to you.
There's at least one thing Steven and I can agree on:
John Paul II was more than just a sick old man;
he was a good, decent man and a positive influence
in a world that desperately needs both.
If there is a heaven, may he rest from his labors there.
Dave S.

Old April 2nd 05, 05:47 PM
John S.

Sadly, his time may very well come today April 2. I'm not a Catholic,
but his position as a religious and world political leader is
unmistaken.

Old April 2nd 05, 06:35 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Brian Hill wrote:

. BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

I know that, but he did remind me of some Catholic priests I met
whileon service calls to their churches.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 2nd 05, 06:41 PM
Brian Hill

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Brian Hill wrote:

. BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

I know that, but he did remind me of some Catholic priests I met
whileon service calls to their churches.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

I know you do. I was telling RedOct. Church service calls? Only on Sunday?
LOL!

B.H.

Old April 2nd 05, 06:43 PM
Evan Platt

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:35:34 -0600, "Brian Hill"
wrote:

BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

Isn't that what the OP said?

Old April 2nd 05, 06:52 PM

It is sad that he won't be around much longer.I wonder who will get to
ride in the Popemobile next?
cuhulin

Old April 2nd 05, 07:05 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Brian Hill wrote:

. BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

I know that, but he did remind me of some Catholic priests I met
while on service calls to their churches.

I know you do. I was telling RedOct. Church service calls? Only on Sunday?
LOL!

B.H.

No, during the week to fix their sound system that was either
installed by an electrical contractor or one of their members. My first
question was always, "What is wrong with the system?" The usual reply
was, "I don't know! The dam thing don't work", sometimes followed by a
string that made you wonder if you were on a loading dock.

I always loved the ones where I lost the bid to install, then was
hired to fix it on a time and materials basis. Who doesn't like it when
you hear the local AM radio station drown out a boring sermon, or a
police car come blasting through during a prayer? I always told them it
was their fault for hiring an amateur for a professional job.

Old April 2nd 05, 07:19 PM

Another nasty one that wants the Pope not to meet his God! How selfish!

He tried to be the closest one all these years. What's your ptoblem?

LOL

Old April 2nd 05, 07:19 PM

I prefer gold statues to worship personally.

oups.com...

Old April 2nd 05, 07:25 PM
Brian Hill

wrote:

BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

Isn't that what the OP said?

I think your browser may be in default. I was talking to RedOctober.

B.H.