RadioBanter

-   -   The Pope Has Died (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/68146-re-pope-has-died.html)

Dan April 1st 05 08:23 PM

The Pope Has Died

-No One knows whats going on..
Quite sad..

Dan April 1st 05 09:13 PM

It's probably a scene aswarm with Doctors; some saying
" All means necessary"
others saying
" Let him go.."

Quite sad

Brian Denley April 2nd 05 03:56 AM

Burr wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
May The Great Spirit Always Walk With Him On The Path

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Are you Catholic???

Cousin,
Burr

Is that a problem?

--
Brian Denley

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 04:02 AM

Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

April 2nd 05 05:02 AM

There are lots more where that one came from and with the same name too.

Brian Denley April 2nd 05 05:10 AM

Brian Hill wrote:
Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

Nowhere near as much as bible belt born agains. Not even in the same
universe.

--
Brian Denley

running dogg April 2nd 05 05:21 AM

Brian Denley wrote:

Brian Hill wrote:
Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

Nowhere near as much as bible belt born agains. Not even in the same
universe.

When a Catholic gets his hands on some gold, he makes it into a
magnificent gold cross. When a born again fundie gets his hands on some
gold, he buries it in rural Idaho, along with the bunker and food stocks
that part of the gold paid for, and waits for apocalypse with a machine
gun in his hands. The Catholic admires his gold cross in his church
while the fundie is making sure that anybody who tries to admire HIS
gold is blown to kingdom come.

[email protected] April 2nd 05 05:26 AM

Pope 'already seeing and touching the Lord'
www.worldnetdaily.com
cuhulin
(Terri touched the Lord a couple of days ago)

[email protected] April 2nd 05 05:27 AM

Well,I am Methodist,so what do us Methodist do with gold?
cuhulin

April 2nd 05 05:46 AM

If you don't know, why do they call you a method ist?

Honus April 2nd 05 06:15 AM

"running dogg" wrote in message
Brian Denley wrote:

Brian Hill wrote:
Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

Nowhere near as much as bible belt born agains. Not even in the same
universe.

When a Catholic gets his hands on some gold, he makes it into a
magnificent gold cross. When a born again fundie gets his hands on some
gold, he buries it in rural Idaho, along with the bunker and food stocks
that part of the gold paid for, and waits for apocalypse with a machine
gun in his hands. The Catholic admires his gold cross in his church
while the fundie is making sure that anybody who tries to admire HIS
gold is blown to kingdom come.

Neither of which would make Jesus very happy.

[email protected] April 2nd 05 06:26 AM

I don't know,Eunty,is there a Method to that?
cuhulin

[email protected] April 2nd 05 06:29 AM

I own a few gold items.Nothing much to crow about though.Not anything
that would make anybody filthy rich.
cuhulin

[email protected] April 2nd 05 06:56 AM

This is one night of very,very,very few I will listen to
www.coasttocoastam.com for an hour or so till I drift off for my
beauty sleep.
cuhulin

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 03:13 PM

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
Brian Hill wrote:
Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

Nowhere near as much as bible belt born agains. Not even in the same
universe.

--
Brian Denley

Yea I noiticed that too but they got a long way to go before their as big
and well off as those Catholics.

B.H.

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 03:16 PM

wrote in message
news:1112414462.1081cf664fb4d2ff61f42424b673e71b@t eranews...
There are lots more where that one came from and with the same name too.

Yea, I think your right. Doesn't Wal-Mart have Popes on sale this week? :)

B.H.

Michael A. Terrell April 2nd 05 03:35 PM

Brian Hill wrote:

wrote in message
news:1112414462.1081cf664fb4d2ff61f42424b673e71b@t eranews...
There are lots more where that one came from and with the same name too.

Yea, I think your right. Doesn't Wal-Mart have Popes on sale this week? :)

B.H.

I think the next Pope should be Father Guido Sarduchi. After all, he
did so much for Catholics on Saturday night live.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 03:40 PM

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Brian Hill wrote:

wrote in message
news:1112414462.1081cf664fb4d2ff61f42424b673e71b@t eranews...
There are lots more where that one came from and with the same name

too.

Yea, I think your right. Doesn't Wal-Mart have Popes on sale this week?

:)

B.H.

I think the next Pope should be Father Guido Sarduchi. After all, he
did so much for Catholics on Saturday night live.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

He was the best. Remember "Pope on a rope"? LOL!!!

B.H.

RedOctober April 2nd 05 05:28 PM

To an atheist like me, the pope has little meaning or worth to me other
than being just another fellow human being who is old and in poor
health.

As a free thinker I have little need for religion. Since religion
itself is oppressive.

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 05:35 PM

"RedOctober" wrote in message
ups.com...
To an atheist like me, the pope has little meaning or worth to me other
than being just another fellow human being who is old and in poor
health.

As a free thinker I have little need for religion. Since religion
itself is oppressive.

I'm not religious either. I think religion is too often used by leaders to
motivate people into killing each other. BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a
character on SNL.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

David Stinson April 2nd 05 05:37 PM

RedOctober wrote:

To an atheist like me, the pope has little meaning or worth to me other
than being just another fellow human being who is old and in poor
health.

As a free thinker I have little need for religion. Since religion
itself is oppressive.

I'm not Catholic, but
the Pope speaks with the voice of God for about two billion people.
Their beliefs and views are as valid to them as yours are to you.
There's at least one thing Steven and I can agree on:
John Paul II was more than just a sick old man;
he was a good, decent man and a positive influence
in a world that desperately needs both.
If there is a heaven, may he rest from his labors there.
Dave S.

John S. April 2nd 05 05:47 PM

Sadly, his time may very well come today April 2. I'm not a Catholic,
but his position as a religious and world political leader is
unmistaken.

Michael A. Terrell April 2nd 05 06:35 PM

Brian Hill wrote:

. BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

I know that, but he did remind me of some Catholic priests I met
whileon service calls to their churches.

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 06:41 PM

Brian Hill wrote:

. BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

I know that, but he did remind me of some Catholic priests I met
whileon service calls to their churches.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

I know you do. I was telling RedOct. Church service calls? Only on Sunday?
LOL!

B.H.

Evan Platt April 2nd 05 06:43 PM

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:35:34 -0600, "Brian Hill"
wrote:

BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

Isn't that what the OP said?

[email protected] April 2nd 05 06:52 PM

It is sad that he won't be around much longer.I wonder who will get to
ride in the Popemobile next?
cuhulin

Michael A. Terrell April 2nd 05 07:05 PM

Brian Hill wrote:

. BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

I know that, but he did remind me of some Catholic priests I met
while on service calls to their churches.

I know you do. I was telling RedOct. Church service calls? Only on Sunday?
LOL!

B.H.

No, during the week to fix their sound system that was either
installed by an electrical contractor or one of their members. My first
question was always, "What is wrong with the system?" The usual reply
was, "I don't know! The dam thing don't work", sometimes followed by a
string that made you wonder if you were on a loading dock.

I always loved the ones where I lost the bid to install, then was
hired to fix it on a time and materials basis. Who doesn't like it when
you hear the local AM radio station drown out a boring sermon, or a
police car come blasting through during a prayer? I always told them it
was their fault for hiring an amateur for a professional job.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

April 2nd 05 07:19 PM

Another nasty one that wants the Pope not to meet his God! How selfish!

He tried to be the closest one all these years. What's your ptoblem?

LOL
wrote in message
It is sad that he won't be around much longer.I wonder who will get to
ride in the Popemobile next?
cuhulin

April 2nd 05 07:19 PM

I prefer gold statues to worship personally.

oups.com...

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 07:25 PM

wrote:

BTW, Father Guido Sarduchi was a character on SNL.

Isn't that what the OP said?

I think your browser may be in default. I was talking to RedOctober.

B.H.

[email protected] April 2nd 05 07:52 PM

You got your nickname (Jerk) on there right,that is for sure.
cuhulin

roger April 2nd 05 09:41 PM

Why do people insist on arguing over religion. What difference does it make
who your god is or what faith you are.
It is the actual arguing and religous hatred that causes more deaths than
any war.
I am not a catholic, but I still see the pope as a very high (the highest)
religious man in the world. He was a very special person, he made thousands
of people happy. Thats all that matters, isn't it?
Wiz

roger April 2nd 05 10:25 PM

Brian Hill wrote:
Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

Nowhere near as much as bible belt born agains. Not even in the same
universe.

--
Brian Denley

Who's arguing ?

B.H.

Half the world for a start.
Wizz

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 11:03 PM

"roger" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:
Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

Nowhere near as much as bible belt born agains. Not even in the same
universe.

--
Brian Denley

Who's arguing ?

B.H.

Half the world for a start.
Wizz

Minus a nice fella like yourself. Right? Wizz

B.H.

roger April 2nd 05 11:25 PM

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"roger" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:
Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

Nowhere near as much as bible belt born agains. Not even in the
same
universe.

--
Brian Denley

Who's arguing ?

B.H.

Half the world for a start.
Wizz

Minus a nice fella like yourself. Right? Wizz

B.H.

Spot on.....
Wizz

I can see you are trying to start an argument, do you do this for a hobby?
or is it some malfunction of your brain
Wizz

Brian Hill April 2nd 05 11:54 PM

"roger" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"roger" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:
Catholics are religiously greedy. :)

B.H.

Nowhere near as much as bible belt born agains. Not even in the
same
universe.

--
Brian Denley

Who's arguing ?

B.H.

Half the world for a start.
Wizz

Minus a nice fella like yourself. Right? Wizz

B.H.

Spot on.....
Wizz

I can see you are trying to start an argument, do you do this for a hobby?
or is it some malfunction of your brain
Wizz

Your the one that smarted off with the "wizz" remark. My original question
to you was an honest one not deserving of your childish remark. Check your
own brain Mr. Wizz.

B.H.

roger April 3rd 05 12:01 AM

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"roger" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"roger" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:
[...]

For your information half brain "wizz" is simply my signature.
Wizz
Now go away, your not worthy of anymore of my time you cretin

[email protected] April 3rd 05 12:08 AM

I don't argue about Religion.I am Methodist,and that is that.To each
their own,I always say.
cuhulin

Brian Hill April 3rd 05 12:11 AM

"roger" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"roger" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"roger" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:
[...]

I guess you better find another handle. Goodby your majesty.

B.H.