Old April 2nd 05, 04:12 AM
running dogg

Default Vatican Radio on Pope's condition

I tuned in to Vatican Radio on 7305 khz with English starting around
0249 UTC for the latest on the Pope. Signal was S9 on my meter but audio
was muffled and hard to read, so I did not catch much of what was being
said, and the signal faded about 0255. Said the Pope's condition is
"very grave" and that his bodily systems are seriously compromised and
are shutting down. Read the latest press release concerning his
condition, the time given for its release sounded like 6 pm Italian
time, if true then there has been no official word for quite a while.
Gave a web address that sounded like www.vatican.va. Said "We at Vatican
Radio are praying for the Pope". Also heard a testimonial by an unnamed,
American sounding young woman who said that the Pope brought her back to
the faith. Talk about his devotion to the poor and suffering. Lots of
melancholy music.

Old April 2nd 05, 04:20 AM
Peter

GOD BLESS HIM!

"running dogg" wrote in message
[...]

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old April 2nd 05, 08:08 AM
John Barnard

running dogg wrote:

[...]

7305 kHz was coming in very well on my Drake R-8B at my QTH (Edmonton, Alberta) inspite
of a storm wrecking my main antenna. 2 antennas enter, 1 antenna leaves ;-).

Good DX

John Barnard

Old April 2nd 05, 08:18 AM
Brenda Ann

"John Barnard" wrote in message

7305 kHz was coming in very well on my Drake R-8B at my QTH (Edmonton,

Alberta) inspite
of a storm wrecking my main antenna. 2 antennas enter, 1 antenna leaves

;-).

And just how effective IS an antenna made of leaves?

Old April 2nd 05, 10:14 AM
John Barnard

Brenda Ann wrote:

"John Barnard" wrote in message

7305 kHz was coming in very well on my Drake R-8B at my QTH (Edmonton,

Alberta) inspite
of a storm wrecking my main antenna. 2 antennas enter, 1 antenna leaves

;-).

And just how effective IS an antenna made of leaves?

Hehe. Those metallic foil leafs both bring in the signal and fool the
neighbours. How could I go wrong with that???

John Barnard

Old April 2nd 05, 04:45 PM

The leaves on the trees shake the antenna wires around and that causes
the antenna wires to shake up more radio signals out of the air.
cuhulin

Old April 2nd 05, 04:55 PM
Frank White

In article , says...

[...]

Latest I've heard is 'Unconscious but not in a coma, vital
signs deteriorating."

That seems to have been the last word for several hours now...

FW

Old April 5th 05, 02:48 AM
Honus

wrote in message
The leaves on the trees shake the antenna wires around and that causes
the antenna wires to shake up more radio signals out of the air.

My God...maybe you're a mere troll after all! There's no way you could
actually believe that, even if what I've always thought of you is accurate.