Old April 3rd 05, 10:39 PM
Sanjaya

Default VOA Zimbabwe?

Today from 1745-1800 UTC I heard a nice bio
about Jackie Robinson on VOA 17985 kHz.

The eibi data says this was Zimbabwe.
Anyone know the location, i.e city?

Old April 3rd 05, 10:47 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

Today from 1745-1800 UTC I heard a nice bio
about Jackie Robinson on VOA 17985 kHz.

The eibi data says this was Zimbabwe.
Anyone know the location, i.e city?

17985?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 3rd 05, 10:49 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

Today from 1745-1800 UTC I heard a nice bio
about Jackie Robinson on VOA 17985 kHz.

The eibi data says this was Zimbabwe.
Anyone know the location, i.e city?

Zimbabwe? Where do you see VOA Zimbabwe? 17895?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 3rd 05, 10:57 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

Today from 1745-1800 UTC I heard a nice bio
about Jackie Robinson on VOA 17985 kHz.

The eibi data says this was Zimbabwe.
Anyone know the location, i.e city?

It's a broadcast TO Zimbabwe... 17895. The VOA has no transmitter facilities in
Zimbabwe that I am aware of.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 3rd 05, 11:28 PM
Sanjaya

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

Today from 1745-1800 UTC I heard a nice bio
about Jackie Robinson on VOA 17985 kHz.

The eibi data says this was Zimbabwe.
Anyone know the location, i.e city?

It's a broadcast TO Zimbabwe... 17895. The VOA has no transmitter facilities in
Zimbabwe that I am aware of.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

oops, yes the target was Zimbabwe, I mis-read the info.
So where was I hearing? Botswana?

Old April 3rd 05, 11:34 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

Today from 1745-1800 UTC I heard a nice bio
about Jackie Robinson on VOA 17985 kHz.

The eibi data says this was Zimbabwe.
Anyone know the location, i.e city?

It's a broadcast TO Zimbabwe... 17895. The VOA has no transmitter facilities in
Zimbabwe that I am aware of.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

oops, yes the target was Zimbabwe, I mis-read the info.
So where was I hearing? Botswana?

I'm not sure, and EiBi doesn't have all that info yet. However, based on the frequency I'd say
it was from farther away than Botswana.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 3rd 05, 11:50 PM
Sanjaya

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

Today from 1745-1800 UTC I heard a nice bio
about Jackie Robinson on VOA 17985 kHz.

The eibi data says this was Zimbabwe.
Anyone know the location, i.e city?

It's a broadcast TO Zimbabwe... 17895. The VOA has no transmitter facilities in
Zimbabwe that I am aware of.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

oops, yes the target was Zimbabwe, I mis-read the info.
So where was I hearing? Botswana?

I'm not sure, and EiBi doesn't have all that info yet. However, based on the frequency I'd say
it was from farther away than Botswana.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks. If you come up with it let me know please.
BTW, the show was very cool. Even had recorded
voice of Jackie Robinson speaking about how he had
to control his temper while taking all the insults (and worse).

Old April 3rd 05, 11:58 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

[...]

Without expending a lot of time searching I do see that in the past that 17895 has been directed to
Zimbabwe during that time frame via Morocco. So, it could very well be in use via that site again
for A05.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 4th 05, 05:41 AM
Tebojockey

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:57:18 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Sanjaya wrote:

Today from 1745-1800 UTC I heard a nice bio
about Jackie Robinson on VOA 17985 kHz.

The eibi data says this was Zimbabwe.
Anyone know the location, i.e city?

It's a broadcast TO Zimbabwe... 17895. The VOA has no transmitter facilities in
Zimbabwe that I am aware of.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I confirm, we have no transmitter sites in Zimbabwe. Given the
current state of affairs, that would be a losing proposition!

Al in CNMI
IBB Station Engineer

Old April 4th 05, 09:44 PM
Sanjaya

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

dxAce wrote:

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sanjaya wrote:

[...]

EiBi now has the broadcast up as being via Morocco.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks : )